Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Great awareness by Kane and what a sweet finish by Eichel! https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/708756048807632896/pu/vid/1280x720/ZR2ljh5bBjr0OBmf.mp4

@BuffNewsVogl

Eichel:"I like using that 5-hole move here and there...If you don’t score you look like an idiot but it’s nice it was able to sneak through"

What can I say, 26? You are the best!

And sweet sassie molassie, that was a GREAT play all the way around. Kane's play wasn't lost on me, either. He's got something liek 5 assist in his last 6 games. I wonder if he's ever had an assist streak like that. Perhaps he's just never played with very talented linemates. If he actually develops hockey sense, he will be a dangerous player.

GO SABRES!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These picture-in-picture shots of Rick Jenneret calling the game are really intrusive and detract greatly from the game. Please stop it MSG.

I saw people complaining on twitter about that. What was the purpose? (I didn't see the game)

What can I say, 26? You are the best!

And sweet sassie molassie, that was a GREAT play all the way around. Kane's play wasn't lost on me, either. He's got something liek 5 assist in his last 6 games. I wonder if he's ever had an assist streak like that. Perhaps he's just never played with very talented linemates. If he actually develops hockey sense, he will be a dangerous player.

GO SABRES!!!

Thanks K-9!

DemandingPeskyFrogmouth.gif

@BuffNewsVogl

Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart and Evander Kane have been a line for seven games. They've combined for eight goals, 12 assists and 20 points.

@WGR550

With two assists today, Kane now has 7 points (2 G, 5 A) in his last 6 games.

I hope you don't mind, but I felt compelled to share this over at SabreSpace.

Thanks, again.

GO SABRES!!!

Don't mind at all. :beer:

I saw people complaining on twitter about that. What was the purpose? (I didn't see the game)

Not sure. For some reason they had them sitting on the 200 level to call the game. Despite my earlier post it was cool to see them as Eichel put in the game-winner. Rob Ray had a sly smile on his face that seemed to say that he was fully realizing what an all-time great Eichel is going to be.

Short observations about this game. Obviously the Kane-Eichel-Reinhart line is our best line. As K-9 pointed out he still needs to curtail his lone ranger style of game to be even more effective. It seems to me that since he was paired with the young guys he is making a concerted effort to work with his linemates. It helps that Eichel can keep up with him and that Reinhart is adaptable and is unifying presence on any line he plays for. I marvel at Sam's instincts and subtle style of play that elevates the players he is playing with.

Bogasian is becoming more aggressive on offense. He seems lately to be getting better and playing with more confidence and less caution. McCabe is also stepping up his game.

Risto, Bogasian, McCabe and Pysek make up an excellent young defensive core. If the GM is going to deal for more scorers the price will be for McCabe or Pysek.

The following opinion is an opinion that irritates eball. The Sabres will be in the playoffs before the Bills will be. When you hire a self-promoting HC you don't advance your cause---you set it back. Substance trumps style.

Jeremy White made a very good point about Kane on Friday morning. Winnipeg's centermen (and Atlanta before them) aren't exactly very special players. Bryan Little is probably the best center Kane ever played on a line with during his time with the franchise. His career high is points is 64. I think it's pretty likely Kane developed as a high volume shooter almost entirely out of necessity. If you look him up on Hockey Reference, you can see his total shot attempts increase every year, especially when you average them out by game.

Its almost like he realized that the team's best chance to score was him carrying the puck in and firing it because his linemates weren't that good. Now that he's playing with Eichel and Reinhart and O'Reilly, he's got to break years of bad habits to trust them. It should come.

Edited by JM57

Rick calling Eichel's OT winner. The best part for me is watching the look on Rob Ray's face. It's like he is fully realizing the amazing ride that number 15 is going to take us on over the course of his career.

(This is from the Sabres FB page. I couldn't find it anywhere else on the web, maybe 26 can).

https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloSabres/videos/10153909646057954/

Rick calling Eichel's OT winner. The best part for me is watching the look on Rob Ray's face. It's like he is fully realizing the amazing ride that number 15 is going to take us on over the course of his career.

(This is from the Sabres FB page. I couldn't find it anywhere else on the web, maybe 26 can).

https://amp.twimg.com/prod/multibr_v_1/video/2016/03/12/23/708798479934595072-libx264-main-2028k.mp4?MAECihm6gu%2BhhyI%2F1KuZlAJ01nWmku%2B9YLXpwUFBCcw%3D

@BarDown

CdZSnlyVAAIEnoP.jpg

Beautiful call.

I was at the game...slow start, but great finish. This team passes the puck so much better than in years past. Legwand gets little recognition, but is fantastic on the pk. Foligno is really starting to play well consistantly. Eich and Sam are fun to watch and will only get better with time. Great goaltending yesterday. Eveyone jumps to their feet when Eichel was streaking to the puck in OT, it was awesome.

I was at the game...slow start, but great finish. This team passes the puck so much better than in years past. Legwand gets little recognition, but is fantastic on the pk. Foligno is really starting to play well consistantly. Eich and Sam are fun to watch and will only get better with time. Great goaltending yesterday. Eveyone jumps to their feet when Eichel was streaking to the puck in OT, it was awesome.

Legwand is so smart on the defensive end. You can count the number of mistakes he's made all year on one hand.