Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, I need to watch the replay of this game this morning. Sounds like it was fantastic.

The 2nd goal was just on the opening for the national CBS Morning News. Freaking Rayzor on the national news!

As a side note, they also showed Vince Carter hitting a 3/4 court shot... Be honest, who knew Vince Carter was still in the NBA. I for one did not.

Is that the goalie equivalent of a Gordie Howe hatrick?

GO SABRES!!!

A shutout, penalty minutes and a fight? Yup.

The 2nd goal was just on the opening for the national CBS Morning News. Freaking Rayzor on the national news!

As a side note, they also showed Vince Carter hitting a 3/4 court shot... Be honest, who knew Vince Carter was still in the NBA. I for one did not.

Feel bad for the Cbus goalie. That puck was vertical and hit the ice just in front of him and took a crazy bounce, like someone tipped it. Looks bad but it was bad luck. FYI the guys parents flew from Finland to see that happen.

A shutout, penalty minutes and a fight? Yup.

Feel bad for the Cbus goalie. That puck was vertical and hit the ice just in front of him and took a crazy bounce, like someone tipped it. Looks bad but it was bad luck. FYI the guys parents flew from Finland to see that happen.

Korpisalo had been pretty good before that game. To the point where they decided not to rush back Goalie Bob. Poor kid.

haha I knew vinsanity was still playing because I watch a good deal of NBA but guy on the radio said the exact same thing. He said he thought he retired like 8 years ago.

@BuffNewsVogl

Whether he was making spectacular saves or throwing left jabs, Robin Lehner had the Sabres' back in shutout win. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/02/20/lehner-does-it-all-for-sabres-in-blanking-of-columbus/

@BuffaloSabres

Robin Lehner will start tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh, Coach Bylsma says.

1f3a5.png Coach Bylsma's postgame comments after 4-0 win in C-Bus >> http://bufsabres.co/9gemFn

#BUFvsCBJ
CbrSBY6WwAAQqRc.jpg
Most goals scored this season (updated): 1. Reinhart, 18 2. O'Reilly, 17 3. Eichel, 17 4. Kane, 16 5. McGinn, 14

OK, call me crazy, but if they beat the Guins tomorrow, they are within single digits of a berth in the tourney and I submit that doesn't look nearly as insurmountable as being 13 out. Who knows, we go on just a little bit of a run while they falter a bit and well, damnit, we just may have interesting hockey games again come April.

Did I say call me crazy?

GO SABRES!!!

Wtvx8tcf_200x200.jpgVS. hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpg

Cbs77E5VIAACFu3.jpg

PENGUINS (29-20-8) at SABRES (24-28-7)

SUN FEB 21, 2016 @ 12:30 PM ET

TV: NBC/SN

NHL.com Game Preview: Penguins unsure about Fleury visiting Sabres

Season series: Jeff Zatkoff made 50 saves to help the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 4-3 win against the Buffalo Sabres at Consol Energy Center on Oct. 29. Evgeni Malkin, Ben Lovejoy and Patric Hornqvist each had a goal and an assist, and Sidney Crosby had two assists for the Penguins. Sabres forward Ryan O'Reilly had two assists.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 254)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 59 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 22 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/18: Assigned F Justin Bailey to Rochester (AHL)
2/19: Activated F Daniel Catenacci from IR; Assigned Catenacci to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, Feb. 24: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 27: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 11 p.m.
Tuesday, March 1: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 3: Calgary at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

PENGUINS at SABRES
This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 29 in Pittsburgh
Last meeting: Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo, 4-3, in Pittsburgh on Oct. 29
The Sabres are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 2-7-1 at home.
This is the 181st game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 64-75-41 series record.
The Sabres are 40-27-22 at home against the Penguins all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png For the latest Sabres updates, here are Coach Bylsma's post-practice comments: http://bufsabres.co/0ZXsDi

Cbr36vrW8AYxP0U.png

Bogosian back on the ice; Franson out for Sunday's game. More updates from practice today: http://bufsabres.co/f5rxPN

CbsIt9gW8AAVE8Q.jpg

1f3a5.png@duffersabres catches you up on Sabres news from @HARBORCTR & looks ahead to tomorrow: http://bufsabres.co/mDpTXw

CbshiKoW0AARlWp.jpg

@PensPRLady

A short turnaround allows the @penguins a chance to atone for the loss to #TBL http://pens.pe/1Tx7UOE

Cbsl_EtUEAErDhj.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

OK, call me crazy, but if they beat the Guins tomorrow, they are within single digits of a berth in the tourney and I submit that doesn't look nearly as insurmountable as being 13 out. Who knows, we go on just a little bit of a run while they falter a bit and well, damnit, we just may have interesting hockey games again come April.

Did I say call me crazy?

GO SABRES!!!

your not crazy, you are just an IDIOT :lol::nana: ...and a Sabre fan like the rest of us :wallbash:

Only reason i am not there is I relize just too many teams to jump over....but then i always let those damn Sens jump into my head from last year...can "who needs Batman when you have Robin" get on a roll like hamburgler last year?

BTW, been meaning to post this for a while..the NHL might get a lot of stuff wrong, but damn they know how to pick hosts. I was high on that Kathryn Tappan chick, and not we get Kelly Nash...wowzer

http://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelphia/if-you-havent-bought-stock-in-nhl-networks-kelly-nash-yet-id-change-that-immediately/

Edited by plenzmd1

@BuffaloSabres

ROSTER MOVE: The Sabres have recalled @JustinBailey95 from @AmerksHockey.

Cbv1ajqW0AA6huN.jpg

@JoeYerdon

While we wait for coach updates, read about the red hot Jack Eichel making his national TV debut today. #PITvsBUF https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-set-to-make-national-tv-debut/c-279018344?tid=278839602

Did I say call me crazy?

GO SABRES!!!

Okay, you're crazy.

Tim Murray gave Dan Bylsma a challenge, earn 20 points in the 13 games before the trade deadline on Feb 29. Right now they have 11 with 4 games to go. Thats 11 points in 9 games. Not enough of a pace to make up an 11 gap to a wild card berth in 20 or so games.

So barring a miracle, the Sabres are destined for the lottery again. They probably trade McGinn and start calling up some Amerks.

But the Sabres have already matched last seasons point total and will likely finish 20 or more points better. That's improvement. And Jack Eichel is playing at a point a game pace as a 19 year old rookie. The arrow is pointing up.