Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma: Evander Kane missed practice. Broke a team rule. We will be dealing with it internally.

@BillHoppeNHL

Evander Kane overslept and is suspended. #Sabres

@DaveDavisHockey

Per @pham1717 , Evander Kane overslept and missed practice. He won't play vs. Ottawa. Kane was at the NBA All-Star game yesterday.

@BillHoppeNHL

Quick story: #Sabres suspend Evander Kane for sleeping in, missing practice following NBA All-Star trip http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-suspend-evander-kane-for-sleeping-in-missing-practice/

#Buffalo

@pham1717

Sabres' Kane out Tuesday for oversleeping http://bit.ly/1LpWeFL

Jeeze Louise, its always something. So much for yesterdays game.

Good on Bylsma and the organization for adhering to accountability. If Ovechkin can be suspended by the Caps for the same thing earlier this season, so can

Kane.

I feel sorry for the Blue Jackets come Friday. Kane will play like he was shot out of a cannon and will bring even more of an edge to his game. And he's a B word to play against as it is.

GO SABRES!!!

It was only 2 minutes in, many people hadn't made it to their seats yet.

But, aren't most of the people in their seats in the first period. I know 2 minutes into the 2nd and 3rd, it usually looks like that. Like the Ralph as the 3rd quarter starts.

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. i7c6IOxy_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (23-28-6) at SENATORS (25-26-6)

TUE FEB 16, 2015 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres' Kane out vs. Senators after missing practice - Buffalo forward broke team rule, will not play in Ottawa

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres and Ottawa Senators have split two games this season. Ottawa won 3-1 at First Niagara Center on Oct. 8; Buffalo won 3-2 at Canadian Tire Centre on Jan. 26. Sabres rookie forward Jack Eichel has three goals, including the game-winner on Jan. 26. Senators forward Kyle Turris had two goals on Oct. 8, but did not play in the second game.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 249)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 57 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 20 games
Johan Larsson (lower body, Feb. 9) – 4 games
Daniel Catenacci (upper body, Feb. 12; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/10: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Zemgus Girgensons on IR
2/12: Recalled F Philip Varone from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Daniel Catenacci on IR
2/13: Assigned F Philip Varone to Rochester (AHL)
2/14: Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Feb. 19: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 21 Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 24: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 27: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 11 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at SENATORS
This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Senators this season.
Next meeting: Friday, March. 18 in Buffalo
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Ottawa, 3-2, in Ottawa on Jan. 26
The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 3-7-0 on the road
This is the 127th game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 60-49-17 series record.
The Sabres are 27-27-10 on the road against the Senators all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma's post-practice comments: http://bufsabres.co/6OGeVZ

CbSdEGDWwAAbXiv.png

1f3a5.png@duffersabres fills you in on the latest Sabres news from today's practice: http://bufsabres.co/m6UCxB

CbSebu-WIAECLj4.png

Eichel & Reinhart earning respect & admiration from teammates, on & off the ice: http://bufsabres.co/BU39Gu

But, aren't most of the people in their seats in the first period. I know 2 minutes into the 2nd and 3rd, it usually looks like that. Like the Ralph as the 3rd quarter starts.

It was pretty bad weather that day, so might have been a slow commute to the arena...Plus, no on can get to their seats during game action. I have had to wait in a long line for play to stop in order to get to my seats, only to have to wait again as only half the line made it through before the puck dropped again....

Edited by ricojes

2-16: DAN BYLSMA ADDRESSES KANE BENCHING ON WGR (15:04)

Bylsma on Evander Kane: "Certainly disappointed and certainly disappointed he isn't going to play in tonight's game"

Bylsma: "I don't anticipate any other issues. He broke a rule and we dealt with it"

Bylsma: "To think Sam would come in this year and be right alongside (Eichel) in goal scoring...it's pretty remarkable"

Bylsma on Justin Bailey: "He's a young man who's starting to learn how to use his size"

@BNHarrington

Evander Kane is on ice for #Sabres optional skate.

CbWaFp4WAAA-Fq8.jpg
Gionta not skating, just met with media. Said Kane addressed team here yesterday and apologized for his absence. #Sabres
Gionta on whether Kane needs to dial back on social media: "That's not for me to judge. Completely different generation I guess." #Sabres
Gionta on Kane: "Obviously it was disappointing. Guys were there, guys are at practice ready to work and you're missing one of your guys."
Last Gionta thought on Kane: "It's obviously something that happened but we're going to support him to try to rectify the problem."