Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

do it pegs. Why are Gionta and moulson still on this team? Get rid of their contracts and sign stamkos.

Because veteran leadership is important to developing young players. Regardless of their production, both have good presence and are long term productive NHL players for a reason. Not everything in team building is about numbers.

This team is very clearly going in the right direction. If we're able to get Stamkos this offseason...WHOA!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, this is our year to be lucky and we getting Mathews!

No one is taking Bogo and that $5.4M ... Yep $5.4 for him. You could not give him away with that number unless someone needs to get to floor I guess

i had a dream that they got the 1st pick this year. You never know.

if it were that easy!!1 Think if you really want Stamkos somehow you need to get out of the following contracts

Bogo

Ennis

Moulson

Moulson bought out pretty easy...what to do with the two others though?

and then somehow have a backdoor arrangments with Sam and Jack on bridge contracts after next year.

I cant see it happening

The Sabres have $24M in cap space next year, and the only "absolutely must sign" player up next year is Risto (and he's restiricted FA). That's based off this year's cap number, which will likely rise another $3M, so figure $27M. This isn't like the Bills, the Sabres are in great financial shape.

Moulson is the huge wart on the books. Almost impossible to move him before the deadline, and a buyout would probably exceed $9M. Ouch.

Edited by QCity

jpnKDujS_200x200.jpgVS. hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

AVALANCHE (29-25-4) at SABRES (22-28-6)

SUN FEB 14, 2015 @ 12:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Avalanche go for three in a row

Season series: Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay scored the tying goal in the third period and set up defenseman Francois Beauchemin for the game-winner with 31.7 seconds remaining in a 2-1 victory against the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 20 at Pepsi Center. Goalie Semyon Varlamov made 27 saves. Forward Evander Kane scored a power-play goal for the Sabres.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 245)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 56 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 19 games
Zemgus Girgensons (lower body, Feb. 9; injured reserve) – 3 games
Johan Larsson (lower body, Feb. 9) – 3 games
Daniel Catenacci (upper body, Feb. 12; injured reserve) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/10: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Zemgus Girgensons on IR
2/12: Recalled F Philip Varone from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Daniel Catenacci on IR
2/13: Assigned F Philip Varone to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 16: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 19: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 21: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 24: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

AVALANCHE at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Avalanche this season.
Last meeting: Colorado defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in Colorado
The Sabres are 0-6-4 in their last 10 games vs. the Avalanche; 2-5-3 at home.
This is the 139th game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; Buffalo has a 59-55-24 series record.
The Sabres are 36-21-11 at home against the Avalanche all-time.

SATURDAY'S PRACTICE
9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart
88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 56 Justin Bailey
82 Marcus Foligno – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/ 84 Phil Varone – 26 Matt Moulson

Defensemen: 4 Josh Gorges, 55 Rasmus Ristolainen, 29 Jake McCabe, 47 Zach Bogosian, 25 Carlo Colaiacovo, 46 Cody Franson, 6 Mike Weber, 3 Mark Pysyk

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres practice report: Zemgus Girgensons ready to return; Larsson, Ennis still out; Lehner to start versus Avs. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/02/13/girgensons-ready-go-sabres-larsson-ennis-still/

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma says Robin Lehner will start in net tomorrow vs. Colorado.

CbHRiZoWwAAkuX_.jpg

Zemgus returned to practice today. 1f3a5.png Hear his post-practice comments: http://bufsabres.co/SYWVFl

CbHzCMQWIAAULIT.jpg

1f3a5.png Coach Bylsma provides lineup & injury updates ahead of tomorrow's game: http://bufsabres.co/SysITp

CbH35PpW4AMJgk9.jpg

NEWS: Sabres assign Phil Varone to @AmerksHockey.

all I've heard on Ennis is he is still struggling with symptoms from the concussion he got on that hit from ovechkin. Sucks that he had missed so much time. He's a really good scorer.

Thanks for the info. Hockey has a tradition of not being specific about describing injuries. I don't know of any other pro or amateur sports that takes the same approach towards not being forthcoming on describing the nature of injuries.

I agree with you that Ennis is a good scorer although he was struggling to find his niche and the right linemates to work with. It would have been productive for him and the team to figure out who he should play with.

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png@duffersabres gets you ready for today's Valentine's Day matinee: http://bufsabres.co/AGSSi9

#COLvsBUF
CbLp8I5UMAADAEW.jpg

@BuffNewsVogl

Scoring goals is supposed to be a normal part of life for Sabres' Evander Kane. He finally feels normal again. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/02/13/kane-starting-to-find-his-comfort-zone/

@BillHoppeNHL

Love, guidance & patience from his mother helped Justin Bailey reach the #Sabres. Story: http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/mothers-guidance-helped-justin-bailey-reach-sabres/

"Role of my mom & my dad."

@BuffaloSabres

Girgensons & Pysyk will both be in the lineup today, Coach Bylsma says; Lehner starts in goal. #COLvsBUF

Nice performance today from Robin Lehner

When he's on you can understand why the GM made the deal for him. When he's not you sway to the other side that the GM gave up too much for him, a player that the Senators were going to peddle anyway.

The most important acquisition this year was O'Reilly. He's one of the best two way players in the league. Although he has good stats they understate his contribution to the team. When you watch Gregorinko play there is nothing about him that stands out. He's simply an inconsequential player that has tools that don't translate into production.

My guess that by the time the season finishes the team will improve by 20 points from last year. Definitely moving up the ranks (regardless of their league standing) and building a near future serious team.

I love how a concussion is listed as an upper body injury.

But in all seriousness, they are nothing to mess with Ennis should be concerned with his long term health. Many hockey players have to retire early from concussions. He has already had a few.

LOL...I agree, it seems in hockey you could have your head chopped off and its a upper body injury and legs chopped off and its a lower body injury. Reminds me on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.