Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Sabres didn't deserve to lose that one. That 1st period was the best I have seen this team play since... since... I can't even remember. 2007?

They played pretty well, but Ben Bishop stoned them on several good scoring opportunities last night. Great 1st period as you noted.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Eichel's father helping Sabres super rookie keep it real

By Alex Prewitt - SI.com

SUNRISE, Fla. — The four friends sat along the back row in the lower bowl at BB&T Center, Bostonians by birth, Bruins fans until recently. On this Thursday they had gathered here to watch their new favorite team, the Buffalo Sabres, play the Florida Panthers. More specifically, they were here to watch the first regular-season road game for the future of the Sabres franchise. If only they could find him, lost as he was somewhere among the yellow, white and black jerseys trickling onto the ice for the morning skate.

“Where’s Jack?” one friend said. “Do you see him?”

“Oh come on,” Bob Eichel replied. “They all look the same to me.”

For Bob, it all felt somewhat strange, this tornado of attention for his 18-year-old son—the autograph hounds waiting in the parking lots, hoping to meet the No. 2 pick in last June’s NHL Draft that was held here in this very building; the banners of Jack hanging in the atrium of Buffalo’s First Niagara Center; the No. 15 jerseys sold in the team store; the massive boat the Eichels boarded the day after the draft, invited by the Sabres’ owners. Jack’s girlfriend, a former dancer, came too, so owner Terry Pegula asked Bob to consider the thought of what might have been had Jack pursued hoofing instead of hockey. “Well,” Bob replied, “I guess I wouldn’t be having steak and wine on this boat with you.”

I am thrilled we have eichel. I honestly am starting to think he can and will be better than mcdavid. He has a determination that wont be stopped and has unlimited talent.

We might honestly be watching the greatest American player ever.

Whoa, pump the brakes a little there.

And who is considered the greatest American hockey player to date?

I'm tempted to go with LaFontaine and his incredible 1.17 points/game average, but I think I'll go with Chris Chelios.

Is that the best average for goals/game by an American? If so, he'd have to be the winner, at least for offense. Maybe Chelios for defense.

Is that the best average for goals/game by an American? If so, he'd have to be the winner, at least for offense. Maybe Chelios for defense.

Yes...all-time record for American-born players.

No question it's Chelios for defense--he beats out Brian Leetch on longevity and cup wins (3 to 1).