Roman vs Pats* D

YoloinOhio

The 49ers last played the Pats* in December 2012. While that was almost 3 years ago, I thought it could be interesting to take a look at what happened with the 49ers offense facing Belichik - especially because it was only Kaepernik's 5th start at QB.

The outcome was 41 points scored by the 49ers AT Foxboro. CK only threw 25 times (I really think this is going to be about the max for TT per game as well if they can) for 4 TDs. Gore only had 83 yards - not a huge day but obviously they stuck with the run as he had 21 carries. CK also had 28 yards rushing -- I have noticed the Pats haven't been quite as dominant vs mobile QBs. I think the most interesting part though was that there has been a ton of talk about Belichik and his success rate vs inexperienced QBs. Well, he's been successful against a lot of QBs, young, old, experienced and not. Some of that is because he has Brady as well. But that same year not only did Kaepernik light him up in his own house in just his 5th start, but he lost to a rookie Russell Wilson as well.

So I think the Roman matchup, with a fast, mobile QB, is intriguing.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you get a chance, watch the Steelers/Pats* week one game.... The way the Pats fail to set the edge and show gaping holes in the middle is cause for optimism... Couple that with their losses in the secondary and I just don't see howi can't be as optimistic as I am... I feel that we expose them...

That 49er's game was awesome. That night, everyone was picking the Patsies, and the 9ers destroyed them.

I'm so excited about Roman. He's the real deal. That was what Rexxy was missing. He needs a true OC who can run the offense with no oversight.

When we lose him to a HC job, it will be critical Rexxy finds another. I'm assuming we are looking for another guy next year.

If you get a chance, watch the Steelers/Pats* week one game.... The way the Pats fail to set the edge and show gaping holes in the middle is cause for optimism... Couple that with their losses in the secondary and I just don't see howi can't be as optimistic as I am... I feel that we expose them...

i recall that watching the game last week and I thought their defense looked a little slower than in the past. I noticed on the Pats* message board their fans insisted that the reason they gave up so many rushing yards was because Belichik's game plan was to stop Ben and Antonio Brown. Well, he didn't really do that either if you look closely but I digress. They also said their front 7 didn't look good but it was because of a certain alignment they were playing and that they wouldn't be playing that this week. They kind of lost me there, but whatever. Clearly I believe the battle at the LOS will be key and our OL needs to step it up.

Interesting points Yolo. Good look. This game is such a wild card. So many new factors. Brady vs Rex's new D. Belichik vs Roman's Offense. Tyrod. I really don't know what to expect at all. I could see either team winning by 1 or 17. Haven't been this amped for a game in a while.. (well probably last Sunday)...

Interesting points Yolo. Good look. This game is such a wild card. So many new factors. Brady vs Rex's new D. Belichik vs Roman's Offense. Tyrod. I really don't know what to expect at all. I could see either team winning by 1 or 17. Haven't been this amped for a game in a while.. (well probably last Sunday)...

hey, at least it's fun for a few more days! Even if we lose, I like our team's chances at the playoffs. This is the best team we play all year IMO.