Comedian Steve Rannazzisi Caught Lying about 9/11

truth on hold

What a d-bag...

Steve Rannazzisi, Comedian Who Told of 9/11 Escape, Admits He Lied

When the comedian Steve Rannazzisi has explained his success, which includes seven seasons starring on a popular TV show, The League, and a one-hour special this Saturday on Comedy Central, he has frequently attributed it to decisions he made after narrowly escaping the World Trade Center attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/arts/television/steve-rannazzisi-comedian-who-told-of-9-11-escape-admits-he-lied.html

Edited by Beerball
you cannot cut/paste that much material from another site,also please use a quote box so your words are clearly defined.

Did this lie help him at all in his career - or was it totally useless and now will be his downfall.

I can't imagine that, if he's good, he wouldn't be hired if he had told the truth. He was in midtown but that day made him decide to follow his dreams.

he also was so ashamed of graduating from Oneonta St. he lied about that as well....he chose SUNY Purchase over Oneonta :w00t:

This part is really funny!

Did this lie help him at all in his career - or was it totally useless and now will be his downfall.

I can't imagine that, if he's good, he wouldn't be hired if he had told the truth. He was in midtown but that day made him decide to follow his dreams.

I'm a fan of The League, but didn't even know about his WTC story.

I have no experience in the entertainment industry, but I imagine when it comes to hiring actors for a major role on a network like FX, the final decision will come down to an x-factor.

His agent was probably like "Anyone could say that 9/11 changed their mindset. For the interview's sake, tell them that you were actually in the building. No one will know..."