eball's stat o' the week

eball

Defensive yards per play.

On Sunday the Bills' D held the Colts to 4.5 yards per offensive play.

To put that figure in perspective, last season the best defense in the league (Seattle) held opponents to 4.6 yards per play (the Bills were at 4.9).

In 2014 the Colts' O gained 5.9 yards per play, which was tied for 6th in the NFL.

Great stat. Although I was hoping for more pressure on Luck, he seems to be better than most at feeling the rush and side stepping it. To hold them so far below their average from last year should be very telling. The Colts players talked a lot about us taking them out of their gameplan and forcing errors.

This Defense is as good as advertised and that is without Dareus. Dareus will eat up two blockers and free someone else to make the play. I can't wait til next week!

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

dareus is very likely our best player/biggest difference maker. im very excited to see where things go with him added to the mix.

yesterday surely didnt look like the oakland debacle (or the struggles at times when he was out of games for a breather). that adaptability is a real perk of having rex.

Defensive yards per play.

On Sunday the Bills' D held the Colts to 4.5 yards per offensive play.

To put that figure in perspective, last season the best defense in the league (Seattle) held opponents to 4.6 yards per play (the Bills were at 4.9).

In 2014 the Colts' O gained 5.9 yards per play, which was tied for 6th in the NFL.

I put this in Bill's post game thread...Andy Luck 5 yards per pass attempt, TT was double that. (& that was a pretty conservative game plan)

Think about it, in the last "handful" of games this defense has played. They rank among the worst performances in some pretty darn good QB's careers. Rodgers, P Manning, Andy Luck...

I put this in Bill's post game thread...Andy Luck 5 yards per pass attempt, TT was double that. (& that was a pretty conservative game plan)

Think about it, in the last "handful" of games this defense has played. They rank among the worst performances in some pretty darn good QB's careers. Rodgers, P Manning, Andy Luck...

and soon to be Tom Brady