Things I wonder

KingRex

1. I wonder how great this D will be with Dareus?

2. I wonder how great this D will be with a full game from Corey Graham?

3. I wonder how it will get even tougher on opposing QBs when the CBs are supplemented with McKelvin.

4. I wonder how much more this against QBs less talented than Luck aka just about everbody else)

5. I wonder what this O will be like when teams stop DTing Watkins because they are getting burned by Harvin, and key catches by Clay/Woods

6. I wonder how much even more productive will be if LeSean performs as well as he has in the past.

7. I wonder if we can go 16-0. The room for improvement is scary good!!!!

This team is so far away from 16-0.

They had bad penalties.

The OL was overwhelmed by two rookies starting on the Colts DL. The OL is the biggest concern for this team.

McCoy had no space/room to run

8. I wonder what difference it will make when the OL improves? It is impressive that even with the poor OL play you point out this team ended the half with a 17-0 lead on a pretty good offense with a great QB.

16-0!!!!!!

8. I wonder what difference it will make when the OL improves? It is impressive that even with the poor OL play you point out this team ended the half with a 17-0 lead on a pretty good offense with a great QB.

16-0!!!!!!

Because we played a below average defense that did not capitalize on the mistakes made by the OL

This team is so far away from 16-0.

They had bad penalties.

The OL was overwhelmed by two rookies starting on the Colts DL. The OL is the biggest concern for this team.

McCoy had no space/room to run

But interestingly, Williams did have room and made yards . . . granted, the line has plenty of room to improve, but I'm not panicked yet. McCoy is very much like Spiller, juke and jive, and at least yesterday, looked very Spiller-like in the results he got.

And yes, the penalties will become a much bigger issue in a tighter game—that has to be cleaned up.

Edited by CSBill

But interestingly, Williams did have room and made yards . . . granted, the line has plenty of room to improve, but I'm not panicked yet. McCoy is very much like Spiller, juke and jive, and at least yesterday, looked very Spiller-like in the results he got.

And yes, the penalties will become a much bigger issue in a tighter game—that has to be cleaned up.

I agree the penalties need to be cleaned up, but so don't the phantom calls by the Refs. The call on Clay for the chop block was really bad.

1. I wonder how great this D will be with Dareus?

2. I wonder how great this D will be with a full game from Corey Graham?

3. I wonder how it will get even tougher on opposing QBs when the CBs are supplemented with McKelvin.

4. I wonder how much more this against QBs less talented than Luck aka just about everbody else)

5. I wonder what this O will be like when teams stop DTing Watkins because they are getting burned by Harvin, and key catches by Clay/Woods

6. I wonder how much even more productive will be if LeSean performs as well as he has in the past.

7. I wonder if we can go 16-0. The room for improvement is scary good!!!!

regarding McCoy, it seemed clear that the Colts defensive game plan was to stop McCoy and stop TT from running. They also tried to lock down Sammy and make TT beat them with his arm throwing to anyone else. Once TT consistently shows he can make those throws downfield (like the one to Harvin), things will loosen up for McCoy.

regarding McCoy, it seemed clear that the Colts defensive game plan was to stop McCoy and stop TT from running. They also tried to lock down Sammy and make TT beat them with his arm throwing to anyone else. Once TT consistently shows he can make those throws downfield (like the one to Harvin), things will loosen up for McCoy.

This key observation to me is that this approach is exactly what Rex wanted. He emphasized getting players difficult to match-up against individually so that it opened up exploitation elsewhere. Generally, I am not concerned by lack of production yards by McCoy or Watkins Sunday as this failure to achieve devastating total yardage #s by McCoy came in some part from over-attention paid to McCoy which sprung TT for a big run and allowed Williams to get yardage and a big play.

Likewise attention to Watkins appears to have contributed to Harvin getting singled on his TD and TT getting an easy read and lofting a bomb to Harvin.

NE is good/great, but I think our players match-up well against anyone.

Bellicheat may dedicate a spy to TT but if so then one less defender holding the line on McCoy. Likewise, NE may double or chip Harvin and if so Watkins get singled or gets a free start on a fly pattern.