Lou Saban Named to the Bills' Wall of Fame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The unveiling of Saban’s name on the stadium façade at the tunnel entrance came as a complete surprise to members of Saban’s family; one of his daughters dropped to her knees at the 50-yard line in disbelief.

“We are so thrilled, so excited and we are beyond words,’’ daughter Barbara Saban said. “Dad would be thrilled. This is home; he was a Buffalo Bills kinda guy, a blue collar kinda guy and he would be thrilled.’’

“We are so thrilled, so excited and we are beyond words.”

Barbara Saban, daughter

“I’m so filled with gratitude,’’ daughter Chris Saban said. “For the fans, the Bills alumni and the organization. Thank you, thank you.’’

Thanks

it was great. I dont even think a lot of people around me fully understood what that name up there signals. Was wonderful seeing the family's reaction. Despite seeing the cover over the name and the ceremony... I never put 2 and 2 together and blew my socks off with the cover was taken off. Well done.

Also, where are those beautiful AFL Championship banners going?.... hopefully hanging somewhere.

Has anyone mentioned the post-game interview with Rex Ryan? He was asked about Lou Saban, and then mentions how his son is a pretty good coach too. He seemed to think that Nick Saban is Lou Saban's son.

I felt bad. You can tell he was taken off guard by that question and didn't know anything about saban.

Wilson held a grudge against Saban for the rest of his life after his second resignation, refusing to put Saban on the Bills' Wall of Fame because, in Wilson's words, "he quit on me twice!"

Makes sense that Pegula does this in his first home game after an full offseason to prepare. Classy move.

Apparently Chuck Pollack is on the WOF selection committee. His comments in this article:

For years, Saban had been passed over, mostly at the insistence of late owner Ralph Wilson. Oddly, Wilson thought the world of Saban but didnt want him added to the Wall because "he quit on me twice".

Wilson joked that after he was gone, we committee members could do as we wished. So, after waiting a year in deference to Ralphs memory, we voted Saban on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQ2trX9F4U

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ