Eichel is the real deal!

Rubes

Got to Buffalo for the opener and found out they're having a prospect challenge tournament, so I'm watching Sabres prospects open up a 3-0 lead in the first period against New Jersey. Eichel assisted on the first goal less than 40 seconds into the game. Dude is smooth as silk. Made a sick move later on and came a hair away from scoring. Rodriguez has a goal and assist already. This is some entertaining stuff.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeaways, for those interested:

Eichel is as billed. He's a maestro out there. We'll see how he does against the big boys, but he plays with speed and vision.

Rodriguez is a good player. Seemed like he stood out and was better than most of the other players. This guy was making plays left and right.

Reinhart did not look great. Scored a goal, but didn't play fast, looked a little disinterested. Did score a nice goal at the end, though.

#85 (Chapman, I think?) is a gamer. Like the way he played. Strong, fast, and fearless.

#81, forgot his name, had a forgetful night. Not big enough for the NHL.

Makarov, the goalie for the first half of the game, was strong and pitched a shutout. Seemed very confident.

That's all I got! Lot of fun watching these guys.

Eichel is as billed. He's a maestro out there. We'll see how he does against the big boys, but he plays with speed and vision.

Rodriguez is a good player. Seemed like he stood out and was better than most of the other players. This guy was making plays left and right.

Reinhart did not look great. Scored a goal, but didn't play fast, looked a little disinterested. Did score a nice goal at the end, though.

#85 (Chapman, I think?) is a gamer. Like the way he played. Strong, fast, and fearless.

Makarov, the goalie for the first half of the game, was strong and pitched a shutout. Seemed very confident.

Thanks for the great report.

In bummed there are no Sabres preseason or prospects games next weekend for the Pats**. I'm coming in for that one.

Yeah, just missing the preseason game on the 23rd.

Got to Buffalo for the opener and found out they're having a prospect challenge tournament, so I'm watching Sabres prospects open up a 3-0 lead in the first period against New Jersey. Eichel assisted on the first goal less than 40 seconds into the game. Dude is smooth as silk. Made a sick move later on and came a hair away from scoring. Rodriguez has a goal and assist already. This is some entertaining stuff.

Eichel = Elway

McDavid = Montana

but we win more Stanely cups!!!

He was a senior so he is older

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Thanks Rubes. this was great to read this morning.

Have a great time at the game today!

Had an awesome time at the game, and an awesome weekend!

In addition, Jimbo came down and sat in the stands two rows in front of me for one series in the second half...

Had an awesome time at the game, and an awesome weekend!

In addition, Jimbo came down and sat in the stands two rows in front of me for one series in the second half...

damn..what a great weekend! Safe travels home.

I will be there next week...if only could make em all :cry: