Thread from 9/11/2006

JÂy RÛßeÒ

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/51360-five-years-later-my-post-from-9112001/

Contains reposts of 2 first-hand accounts from TSW posters (Guffalo and NirvJam) who were in lower Manhattan that morning. 9/11/2001 may have been the first recorded F5 event in TSW history.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

It is difficult to think that like Christmas, New Year's Day, birthdays and other special occasions, 9/11 has to be a significant day on the calendar. Most of these days make us reflect on past times with a fondness for the memories. Not so for 9/11. But it still marks time like the all the rest. Maybe it serves as a reminder to never take anything for granted and be grateful for what we have. For that reminder I am grateful but that it comes each year having cost the lives of so many brave, innocent, normal, everyday, heroic, black, white, young, old, father, mother,son, daughter, and people of any imaginable description is too high a cost for any of us.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Being three hours behind here in CA we were just getting up and ready for work. The first thing I saw in TV after I got out of the shower was a replay of the second plane hitting the tower. I had no idea what I was seeing. Later that day I saw both towers fall live. I my way to work I drove by John Wayne airport in Orange county and the two runways had giant lighted X's at the end of them. Very bizarre.

Never forget. Thanks for posting, Jay. Here is a column that I wrote just after that fateful day that went viral and was shared nationwide.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/croisdale26.html

A fine written article FTC! A style I'd care to read more of. I hope Ryan is accepting of the culture you and Missus cultivated that day.

BTW, please consider writing Sports columns for the News. There is a stark void of talented writers there.

Combo

(Unregistered)

09/11/01 10:01 PM Thank you [re: Nirvjam] reply.gifReply

Your report was more informative than any of the igmos the news interviewed in the street. As I read it, I felt like you transorted me right to the scene. I'm not sure i should be thanking you for that. Nice work.

I hearby challenge Mr. Bin Laden to a spearing contest....with a REAL spear.

I miss Combo

Never forget. Thanks for posting, Jay. Here is a column that I wrote just after that fateful day that went viral and was shared nationwide.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/croisdale26.html

Thanks for sharing that, both then and now. I hope Ryan has turned into the person you envisioned, as we need all of those we can get.

A fine written article FTC! A style I'd care to read more of. I hope Ryan is accepting of the culture you and Missus cultivated that day.

BTW, please consider writing Sports columns for the News. There is a stark void of talented writers there.

Thanks for sharing that, both then and now. I hope Ryan has turned into the person you envisioned, as we need all of those we can get.

Thanks for the kind words. I'd write for the BN, but I'd get canned the first day for knocking out Jerry Sullivan. :)

Last night, while putting my 10-year-old son to bed, he said prayers for the victims of 9/11, and then started rattling off all these details that simply surprised the hell out of me.

We've talked about it, and I've shown him the newspapers I kept and some videos, but what he was talking about was beyond anything we discussed. He said his teacher spent a good portion of the morning at school talking about it; she was in eighth grade at the time, and she went into detail about what she remembered.

It really filled my heart to see his teacher make it a point to remember this event with kids who weren't alive at the time.