FanDuel vs DraftKings?

ricojes

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what always gets me. State lotterys, scratch offs are legal, not a game of strategy. Online gambling, Poker, Fantasy sports, frowned at.....

None of the gambling laws seem to make a lot of sense to anyone thinking logically.

Better lobbyists is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

I thought I read somewhere that ESPN was an investor in Draft Kings too but I couldn't find a link quickly.

Pro fantasy players ? Are they as unbeatable as pro poker players ?

Meh. Just another "pro" with a gambling problem. Not buying the "pro" angle.

Any shmo can study the numbers.

I noticed last night while checking the scores that on top of each leaderboard was a ".com" username. Usually had something to do with "Draft" in the name. Seemed very odd to me.

Exactly. These guys they were showing - it was baseball they were playing - poured over the numbers all day, factored in things I never even thought about, etc. And, then were making 6 figures a year doing it. Good luck playing them.

Edited by bbb

Exactly. These guys they were showing - it was baseball they were playing - poured over the numbers all day, factored in things I never even thought about, etc. And, then were making 6 figures a year doing it. Good luck playing them.

Similar to online poker I would think. If you want to stick to the $5 and under games you can probably keep breaking even or make a tiny bit since everyone is basically treating it like fantasy football. In the expensive games you're going to run into people who are doing it for a living.

"Are you a degenerate? Do you have an addictive personality? Well try this new form of gambling that probably won't ruin your life.*"

*result not typical. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entries received.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football