FanDuel vs DraftKings?

ricojes

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm gonna blow up my tv if i see another one of either of their commercials......that's all I have to say about this topic :D

yes, very annoying. But just goes to show what a brilliant idea it was, they have tons of cash for advertising, so I have to give them that...

I dropped out of my traditional FF league this season and want to sign up for FanDuel or DraftKings. Any experience with these? Are there other options?

I went with Draft Kings. I also am dropping out of season long FF leagues due to lack of interest on my part.

It seems like it will be ok, as you can play when you want. I put in $25 towads week 1 as they match it but you don't get it right away. This is my first year so I am still confused on how they are going to decide who comes in what place. You are going to have 200K+ entries in this week 1 $10 Million contest. You are going to have so many duplicate lineups.

I went with Draft Kings. I also am dropping out of season long FF leagues due to lack of interest on my part.

It seems like it will be ok, as you can play when you want. I put in $25 towads week 1 as they match it but you don't get it right away. This is my first year so I am still confused on how they are going to decide who comes in what place. You are going to have 200K+ entries in this week 1 $10 Million contest. You are going to have so many duplicate lineups.

C'mon, how many people are starting Tyrod...We got this!

can someone give a readers digest version of how it works? Like I said, I see the commercials but haven't looked into the games, CountDorkula says he is starting with $25, I assume you pick individual players, if you win a matchup, you get $$ which can be rolled over to future matchups?

yes, very annoying. But just goes to show what a brilliant idea it was, they have tons of cash for advertising, so I have to give them that...

They've each raised a staggering amount of money from very high profile sources the past few years that is now being used to drive customer acquisition (and other infrastructure obviously).

A headhunter called me a couple years ago about a job at FD and shared some of the projections, etc. Very impressive.

can someone give a readers digest version of how it works? Like I said, I see the commercials but haven't looked into the games, CountDorkula says he is starting with $25, I assume you pick individual players, if you win a matchup, you get $$ which can be rolled over to future matchups?

I joined FanDuel for $25. They also match your deposit over time. You pick a contest to enter. I chose $1 contest for $100,000 winnings. Of course, there are 300,000 other guys out there competing but I can probably submit another four lineups anyway. You pick one QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, one TE, a kicker and a defense/special teams. Then you have to make a certain salary cap without going over. So I picked a few blue chippers, some mediocre guys, etc. Once you make a lineup that fits under the salary cap, you submit it.

As an example, this is my lineup for the one contest I'm in. So for $1 I can watch football, watch this lineup, and have a chance to win some money. If I don't win, no biggie, I had fun for $25

• QB
    Aaron Rodgers
    GB @ CHITHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • RB
    Eddie Lacy
    GB @ CHITHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • RB
    Branden Oliver
    SD V DETTHIS SUNDAY 4:05PM EDT
  • WR
    A.J. Green
    CIN @ OAKTHIS SUNDAY 4:25PM EDT
  • WR
    Percy Harvin
    BUF V INDTHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • WR
    Kendall Wright
    TEN @ TBTHIS SUNDAY 4:25PM EDT
  • TE
    Jimmy Graham
    SEA @ STLTHIS SUNDAY 1PM EDT
  • K
    Matt Bryant
    ATL V PHITHIS MONDAY 7:10PM EDT
  • D
    Buffalo Bills
    BUF V INDTHIS SUNDAY 1PM
Poojer, I forgot to mention the scoring for your players is based on total yards, TD's, kicks, sacks etc just like regular fantasy football.
Edited by BringBackFergy

My brother-in-law really sold it to me. He says he enters a $25 weekly contest/league, where you select a lineup within a given budget. Then he enters a $25 50/50 league. Apparently you only have to beat half the teams in the pool to double your money, he does this to hedge his original bet as he doubles his money in the 50/50 way more than not. I may not have all the facts correct as I am still looking into it as well, but that's how I understand it, and would probably use a similar philosophy.

Edited by ricojes

I'm with pooj. Hate them both

They should be shut down like all other Internet gambling sites or bring my online poker back.

Same structured payouts. Total horsecrap.

That was my first question to the recruiter. Apparently they've done their diligence and/or prepaid the appropriate members of Congress. When you see the investor list, it makes sense.

That was my first question to the recruiter. Apparently they've done their diligence and/or prepaid the appropriate members of Congress. When you see the investor list, it makes sense.

Game of skill, not chance...hence legal. Yes same argument for poker, but it is what it is.

In terms of investors, each recently did a $300M round...youzers.

But here is the key. KRAFT VENTURES is one of the lead investors in DraftKings mega round. And yes, it is that Robert Kraft.

Do you really have a decision on where to spend your money and which sight might be more legit?

Edited by plenzmd1

Game of skill, not chance...hence legal. Yes same argument for poker, but it is what it is.

In terms of investors, each recently did a $300M round...youzers.

But here is the key. KRAFT VENTURES is one of the lead investors in DraftKings mega round. And yes, it is that Robert Kraft.

Do you really have a decision on where to spend your money and which sight might be more legit?

FanDuel, here I come...

Me and my friend were having the discussion about how these sites are legal a couple weeks ago.

Here is what he dug up:

http://gamboool.com/how-is-fanduel-legal-and-is-it-legal-to-play-daily-fantasy-sports-like-football-baseball-and-basketball-for-money

Basic breakdown is that in 2006 a bill was signed by Pres Bush dealing with online gambling, and basically killed online poker, craps, etc (bye bye Poker Stars, that Tilt Stars site, etc). BUT it said that a small caveat was built into the bill carving out horse racing and sports betting, and calling fantasy betting a game of "skill". The MLB pushed for that caveat, and they said that in the end sports guys were better lobbyists than those in the gaming industry.
So fantasy betting is looked at as a skill thing...and protected by this caveat in the bill for online gambling.

Me and my friend were having the discussion about how these sites are legal a couple weeks ago.

Here is what he dug up:

http://gamboool.com/how-is-fanduel-legal-and-is-it-legal-to-play-daily-fantasy-sports-like-football-baseball-and-basketball-for-money

Basic breakdown is that in 2006 a bill was signed by Pres Bush dealing with online gambling, and basically killed online poker, craps, etc (bye bye Poker Stars, that Tilt Stars site, etc). BUT it said that a small caveat was built into the bill carving out horse racing and sports betting, and calling fantasy betting a game of "skill". The MLB pushed for that caveat, and they said that in the end sports guys were better lobbyists than those in the gaming industry.
So fantasy betting is looked at as a skill thing...and protected by this caveat in the bill for online gambling.

this is what always gets me. State lotterys, scratch offs are legal, not a game of strategy. Online gambling, Poker, Fantasy sports, frowned at.....

Atta Boy!,,,

Wish there was a way to make that more public....my gut says 29 out of 30'playersmwhomplay fantasy football would leave Draftkings if they knew Kraft was a big investor.

Im on Draftkings because that is the promo code i could remember....

Here is what he dug up:

And surprise, surprise....guess who is a significant shareholder in DraftKings? Also, FoxSports, NHL, Dallas Cowboys and other sports team owners including (as noted above) "Mister" Kraft.

The FanDuel list is even more impressive: KKR, Google, Time Warner, Comcast, NBC Sports, etc.

It's all who you know. These companies are not going anywhere (but up).

Lottery's fund education, so it's for the children.... :doh:

this is what always gets me. State lotterys, scratch offs are legal, not a game of strategy. Online gambling, Poker, Fantasy sports, frowned at.....

Im on Draftkings because that is the promo code i could remember....