Ground and pound? Maybe not...

YoloinOhio

Which sounds just about right when you are gameplanning against a team with a history of below average to poor run defense and a high powered passing offense.

And fair, but if that's your opening up the playbook and getting high flying, I think expectations of what a balanced offense in 2015 is are a bit off. 50-50 is actually skewed pretty heavy to the run compared to league norms.

Last year the middle of the pack centered around about a 60-40 split.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And fair, but if that's your opening up the playbook and getting high flying, I think expectations of what a balanced offense in 2015 is are a bit off. 50-50 is actually skewed pretty heavy to the run compared to league norms.

Last year the middle of the pack centered around about a 60-40 split.

That's a great point. Maybe I'm lacking to include that some of the receptions will be from the backfield, screens and other quick hit passes. I think ground and pound is also an emphasis on touches to the RB

That's a great point. Maybe I'm lacking to include that some of the receptions will be from the backfield, screens and other quick hit passes. I think ground and pound is also an emphasis on touches to the RB

I'll definitely buy that. Along with behind the line touches for the WRs. Harvin with a lead blocker can be ground and pound on a corner who just got hit in the mouth on a run by McCoy with a guard pulling in front.

Just a point I try to post occasionally as I think a lot fall into 50-50 being roughly the norm but it's really heavily skewed due to the rules changes.

I'll definitely buy that. Along with behind the line touches for the WRs. Harvin with a lead blocker can be ground and pound on a corner who just got hit in the mouth on a run by McCoy with a guard pulling in front.

Just a point I try to post occasionally as I think a lot fall into 50-50 being roughly the norm but it's really heavily skewed due to the rules changes.

Thanks for that insight. It truly has become a passing league, and as you've suggested, the ratio of run/pass has mirrored that and must be reflected in the game plan outlook regardless of the ground and pound title.

I love the idea of the quick hit plays, getting our playmakers the ball and having them take care of the rest. I would imagine at leave 5 screen, quick hit or bubbles each game. If you took those into account, it would look more like 31/37