Colts' D Line is Achilles Heel

Bocephuz

Nope...they hit 193 on opening day last year with lesser RBs, a lesser OL, and low-brow play-calling. This is to say nothing of the fact that we have a dual-threat QB.

Figuring we could get 30 yds or so from Tyrod.. definitely take the over

I think they've got better up front with Anderson and Parry starting but they're both rookies. One thing not to overlook is that they practiced every day against that Stanford power run offense. Roman will obviously throw stuff at them that they're unfamiliar with but they're not exactly unfamiliar with the concepts.

I still think we've got the advantage over them and should be able to run the ball consistently on them.

I think they've got better up front with Anderson and Parry starting but they're both rookies. One thing not to overlook is that they practiced every day against that Stanford power run offense. Roman will obviously throw stuff at them that they're unfamiliar with but they're not exactly unfamiliar with the concepts.

I still think we've got the advantage over them and should be able to run the ball consistently on them.

though they both came from Stanford, Hamilton and Roman have different offenses. Indy doesn't even carry a FB on the roster. Fleener isn't a quality blocking TE. Their Guards are not good run blockers. Hamilton wants to run the ball, and they will if the defense gives them that. But against good defenses he tends to just air it out and be very aggressive. Because he can. Edited by YoloinOhio

though they both came from Stanford, Hamilton and Roman have different offenses. Indy doesn't even carry a FB on the roster. Fleener isn't a quality blocking TE. Their Guards are not good run blockers. Hamilton wants to run the ball, and they will if the defense gives them that. But against good defenses he tends to just air it out and be very aggressive. Because he can.

I was talking more about their days at Stanford rather than what they've gone up against since getting drafted.

i thought you were referring to the Indy D practicing against a version of our offense. Misread - sorry. Yes, I agree. Similar concepts.

No worries. I could've phrased it better.

It shouldn't be a big thing, just something that interests me. I like David Parry because he favourited one of my AJ Tarpley tweets. :lol:

No worries. I could've phrased it better.

It shouldn't be a big thing, just something that interests me. I like David Parry because he favourited one of my AJ Tarpley tweets. :lol:

they are comparing Parry to Kyle Williams in Indy. Both 5th rounders. if so, would be a much-needed draft steal for their D.

they are comparing Parry to Kyle Williams in Indy. Both 5th rounders. if so, would be a much-needed draft steal for their D.

The comparison isn't great. It's because he's kinda white and kinda short. He's just a pain in the arse as a 2-gap NT.

He's really strong, he can penetrate, technically sound. If they had better inside linebackers, I'd be worried about his ability to clog up inside rushing lines.

Long story short, he's a bloody nuisance.

I agree that their DL is lousy, and that we should be planning to bring the run right at them. I also think the zone read will be a big component, as their edge defenders are almost exclusively pass rushers (save for Bjoern Werner), and I see them getting overly aggressive to stop the inside counter, which will give Taylor a lot of room to keep the ball and hit the edges for big chunks.

I also think that their offensive weakness is the OL, specifically the interior trio of Herremens, Holmes, and Louis. Kyle and Bryant should be able to win their matchups inside, and I wouldn't feel really confident in either Costanzo or Mewhort holding up against Hughes and Mario, respectively.

The Colts are one team where winning along the lines needs to be a given, since those are truly the weak points on each side of the ball.

When you win in the trenches, you usually win on the scoreboard.

I'm looking forward to a fun Sunday.