Matt Cassel re-signed, will be #2 QB

YoloinOhio

I don't have time to page through this entire thread but there's gotta be some gems in here, right? Are there any pages that anyone would care to recommend I check out? So the EJ guys went from being upset about him not winning the starting job, even though it was clear to many that he deserved to have won it, to getting a consolation prize in the Bills seemingly declaring that Manuel was good enough to be the lone #2 by cutting every EJ guys' arch nemesis and then throwing an internet parade by mocking him to no end, to re-signing said arch nemesis only to demote EJ to #3. The roller coaster of emotions must be unbearable for some of you.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180547-cassel-released/

This one is the best of them all.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have 3 other small children and he moved them to Buffalo. He talked about it in a recent interview. The rest of their family is all in California. It certainly makes sense to me he wouldn't want to move the family right now or leave them in buffalo while he goes to another city.

Sure it makes sense. I am not arguing the point. What is a few thousand miles really going to do when the $ difference is say $1Million + in base salary?

I used to travel for work all the time from 2 weeks to 3 months. I was in Australia for 2 months from mid June to mid Aug. My youngest was born 3 weeks after I got home.

To me it's an excuse, not a great excuse and IMO should not be the deciding factor.

Look at Tom Brady. He left his unmarried son in California with his "girlfriend".

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I don't have time to page through this entire thread but there's gotta be some gems in here, right? Are there any pages that anyone would care to recommend I check out? So the EJ guys went from being upset about him not winning the starting job, even though it was clear to many that he deserved to have won it, to getting a consolation prize in the Bills seemingly declaring that Manuel was good enough to be the lone #2 by cutting every EJ guys' arch nemesis and then throwing an internet parade by mocking him to no end, to re-signing said arch nemesis only to demote EJ to #3. The roller coaster of emotions must be unbearable for some of you.

Well, look who put on his big boy pants and showed up. You were in hiding for days when your guy got cut.

Well, look who put on his big boy pants and showed up. You were in hiding for days when your guy got cut.

Hahaha no I wasn't. I've been on here. Sorry, I had some friends in town, went to a bunch of phish shows and had my fantasy draft last night. I'm back. Anything you care to ask me?

And yeah keep perpetuating this myth that I hate EJ and love Cassel. I have said that I thought EJ did enough to earn the #2 job but I would've kept Cassel as a #3, ideally at a reduced salary. In fact, thinking EJ had earned the #2 spot is the first thing I've been wrong about in quite some time.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Also Ryan L Billz, I told you he would sign with someone within a week as a clear cut #2 and you insisted he would end up in the arena league. So yeah.

Yes, Metz. We ALL love to B word and moan and groan.

Just as much as people want to say EJ sucks and clearly should be the #3. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What changed with Matt Cassel in the last 3 days? He is still the unexciting QB he has always been.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

not sure how this can be viewed as a positive. our recurrent number 2 qb was bad enough to be deemed unworthy of average pay for a middling nfl starting qb and then wasn't given an offer from any of the other 31 teams appealing enough (regardless of his wife's pregnancy) for him to refuse the nfl minimum in buffalo. I guess the hope is that the rest of the league is wrong.

Yes, Metz. We ALL love to B word and moan and groan.

Just as much as people want to say EJ sucks.

What changed with Matt Cassel in the last 3 days? He is still the unexciting QB he has always been.

Nothing has changed. The press and people with ear to the inside of OBD insisted that Cassel was no worse than 2nd string in the eye of the coaching staff. That has ultimately been proven correct.

Also Ryan L Billz, I told you he would sign with someone within a week as a clear cut #2 and you insisted he would end up in the arena league. So yeah.

Hahaha no I wasn't. I've been on here. Sorry, I had some friends in town, went to a bunch of phish shows and had my fantasy draft last night. I'm back. Anything you care to ask me?

And yeah keep perpetuating this myth that I hate EJ and love Cassel. I have said that I thought EJ did enough to earn the #2 job but I would've kept Cassel as a #3, ideally at a reduced salary. In fact, thinking EJ had earned the #2 spot is the first thing I've been wrong about in quite some time.

Right. 364 posts in that thread that FC linked to and you don't have one of them. He and the other Cassel fanboys didn't start posting till the end and it got so pizzy the thread got closed. You probably have the most organized sock drawer of any Bills fan. :nana:

not sure how this can be viewed as a positive. our recurrent number 2 qb was bad enough to be deemed unworthy of average pay for a middling nfl starting qb and then wasn't given an offer from any of the other 31 teams appealing enough (regardless of his wife's pregnancy) for him to refuse the nfl minimum in buffalo. I guess the hope is that the rest of the league is wrong.

Look Matt Cassel sucks. But there is something to be said for having a guy in the QB room who's been around the block a few times. I was surprised they were prepared to go into a season with a guy who had never started an NFL game and a guy who completely sucked the last time he played in NFL games as their only two QB's on their roster. I wouldn't even be surprised if Taylor got hurt, if they had EJ start and Cassel back him up. I just think for right now, you need a veteran presence in that room.

Right. 364 posts in that thread that FC linked to and you don't have one of them. He and the other Cassel fanboys didn't start posting till the end and it got so pizzy the thread got closed. You probably have the most organized sock drawer of any Bills fan. :nana:

Listen guy, there were two threads concerning Cassel's release. The other one was entitled "who's gonna pick up Cassel now" or something. I posted throughout that thread. Feel free to read. I stated on numerous occasions in that very thread that I think Cassel sucks. He is not "my guy." But I think this move makes sense (see my post above). That being said, I do find this very amusing for a guy like Ryan L Billz who was all "haha good luck in the arena league Cassel" and had declared some sort of victory for EJ after Cassel was released. I will certainly admit that.

Nothing has changed. The press and people with ear to the inside of OBD insisted that Cassel was no worse than 2nd string in the eye of the coaching staff. That has ultimately been proven correct.

Not really true. He wasn't unless he was dirt cheap. And they were very willing for him to be not on the team. I would gauge they figured it was a less than 50-50 chance. They may even have had to promise him to be #2 before he agreed.

Look Matt Cassel sucks. But there is something to be said for having a guy in the QB room who's been around the block a few times. I was surprised they were prepared to go into a season with a guy who had never started an NFL game and a guy who completely sucked the last time he played in NFL games as their only two QB's on their roster. I wouldn't even be surprised if Taylor got hurt, if they had EJ start and Cassel back him up. I just think for right now, you need a veteran presence in that room.

That's more like it!

Welcome back...