Spygate to Deflategate-inside what split NE and NFL apart

YoloinOhio

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, most of the pats stuff seemed to re-hash the known issues that we had heard of. did a good job compiling the accusations though, and some fresh confirmations from sources added validity.

the martz allegation of the league altering his statement before releasing it, among other things, were new to me - but not shocking. i know i told you about a hundred times that its really tough to assume anything they release is factual or assume pash was really just soft editing reports.

what a mess on all sides.

My reasoning for the position on Pash hasn't changed. I thought he did little to the report because of my feelings about Wells being a little pisspot and because Pash didn't need to,do anything nefarious, rather than I trusted him one bit. The testing and the texts and interviews were enough. No need to get into any of that now. I don't trust the league either and surely don't trust Goodell. But the Pash thing was mostly about Wells.

yea, most of the pats stuff seemed to re-hash the known issues that we had heard of. did a good job compiling the accusations though, and some fresh confirmations from sources added validity.

the martz allegation of the league altering his statement before releasing it, among other things, were new to me - but not shocking. i know i told you about a hundred times that its really tough to assume anything they release is factual or assume pash was really just soft editing reports.

what a mess on all sides.

Good points as always, NoSaint.

My reasoning for the position on Pash hasn't changed. I thought he did little to the report because of my feelings about Wells being a little pisspot and because Pash didn't need to,do anything nefarious, rather than I trusted him one bit. The testing and the texts and interviews were enough. No need to get into any of that now. I don't trust the league either and surely don't trust Goodell. But the Pash thing was mostly about Wells.

Dog, Pash has a deep and tangled history with the Pats' culture of cheating, as this excellent story reveals. Expecting him to sit on the sidelines and merely wordsmith a few phrases here and there absolutely defies belief.

Great piece.

Remember that game at Foxboro where we were up 28-0 at the half, and the Pats scored six consecutive TDs in the second half while shutting us out?

It was 21-0, actually, and Stevie had to sit out the second half. My assumption for that game was that the bus arrived early, and come halftime a mass run for it began.

Dog, Pash has a deep and tangled history with the Pats' culture of cheating, as this excellent story reveals. Expecting him to sit on the sidelines and merely wordsmith a few phrases here and there absolutely defies belief.

Great piece.

I think it is becoming a semantics argument. With the way the NFL all but convinced Martz to actually lie about his feelings should make everyone believe they are very capable of changing reports. My point with Pash is that no matter what he changed the words of, unless you want to suspect that Wells thought Brady was innocent of something that Pash made to sound guilty, it's immaterial and irrelevant. Because we are talking about the science of the Exponent stuff, the actual texts of Jastremski and McNally as well as their actual interviews and the video of McNally. Unless you want to say he changed the texts it doesn't matter what the wordsmithing was. Plus, and this is not insignificant, Wells is a little ****. He goes insane if anyone accuses him of anything. There is no chance in my mind that he wrote something in his investigation that is pro Patriots and Brady and isn't showing guilt and then Pash reworded it to make it appear different than it was. Wells would go crazy, like he did with his press conference immediately after the Pats trashed his report.

Great piece.

It was 21-0, actually, and Stevie had to sit out the second half. My assumption for that game was that the bus arrived early, and come halftime a mass run for it began.

The one game that stands out for me was the home game a few years ago (the Spiller fumble game?) The Bills were handling the Pats and led at halftime. The Pats came out of the half with like 3 plays and guessed correctly 100% of the time and scored a TD on like 6 straight possessions. It was either a counter run to Bolden or Ridley, a seam to Gronk, or a quick sideline or slant pass Welker or Lloyd. They "guessed" right every single time and scored 45 second half points. It was uncanny. I have seen halftime adjustments, but nothing like that. Come on.

The one game that stands out for me was the home game a few years ago (the Spiller fumble game?) The Bills were handling the Pats and led at halftime. The Pats came out of the half with like 3 plays and guessed correctly 100% of the time and scored a TD on like 6 straight possessions. It was either a counter run to Bolden or Ridley, a seam to Gronk, or a quick sideline or slant pass Welker or Lloyd. They "guessed" right every single time and scored 45 second half points. It was uncanny. I have seen halftime adjustments, but nothing like that. Come on.

What about their game against Denver/manning. Pats were down by 28 at half, came back and won...

But the reality is the comebacks do happen. Bills did it down three scores to the pats.

They seemed to do this constantly. It was as if (cough) they had found all the answers during the 1st half and applied them to the second.

yea, it shouldnt get that ugly even if BB took control of the bills headsets and was calling their plays himself.

Such jealousy and envy. The league outta call in agents Muldar and Scully to figure out why, after no longer video taping and stealing other teams plays, the Pats still have figured out a way to dominate the sport that isn't supposed to be dominated. :rolleyes:

Right on time.

One of the scummiest pro sports organizations in history. I'm sure you are proud.

GO BILLS!!!

It seems to me, the only thing they have to rely on is that these things can't be proved. Everyone knows there is smoke, matter of time that the fire will show itself, and I think it will be a much bigger fire than expected. Someone will come forward (McNally) or someone will slip up, or someone will be come estranged and disgruntled and blow the roof off this organization. It will be glorious!

As Promo said earlier: DENY DENY DENY is the Cheatriot battle cry, and the Cheatriot way.