Would You Have Your Son Circumcised, and Why?

Rob's House

I had my son circumcised, but if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have. My reasoning at the time was flawed and I regret forcing that decision on him. "Because that's the way it's always been done" no longer seems like a valid reason to me. Best of luck deciding.

Has he complained about it?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I know that had to do it as adults were not happy.

Oh my!

For some odd reason (probably because I am odd), that jogs my memory.

My father was in the Army. Back then, they let the soldiers march to cadence that probably wouldn't be allowed in today's pansy culture.

One such cadence was about a general and dealt w/this subject being talked about. Let me put it this way... It wasn't a pretty song, yet the premise was what you just said. It did keep cadence my father said!

Oh Rob... Congrats!

When he's old enough, have him log on here and we will talk w/him. Maybe bring up this thread. That will get his mind right!

;-)

lol

Lose the foreskin now. It's an ugly, useless flap of skin that gets in the way. Guys I know that had to do it as adults were not happy.

^ That.

Imagine yourself having to do it as an adult. Get it done now and eliminate and issues sooner than later.

It's been decades but I recall that Hygene can be an issue if you don't properly cleanse the baby / young boy.

^ That.

Imagine yourself having to do it as an adult. Get it done now and eliminate and issues sooner than later.

It's been decades but I recall that Hygene can be an issue if you don't properly cleanse the baby / young boy.

Wiping your ass is important to hygiene too and yet 99.999% of people manage to do it right. There's no legitimate hygiene reason to get a circumcision.

Sure you can cut your kid's penis if you want to but let's not kid ourselves that hygiene matters or that it isn't going to hurt. Just because your kid won't remember it doesn't mean it won't hurt like hell. You want your kid to "be like you" is also a silly rationale. I have done a million things that I hope my child doesn't copy...and my child is different from me in a million ways. Big whoop on that. All of those are bad rationale for doing it.

Better rationale are religious reasons. Not sure any other rationale really backs the decision to do it.

And if you think women like the look of any penis, you're kidding yourself.

Edited by Observer

Wiping your ass is important to hygiene too and yet 99.999% of people manage to do it right. There's no legitimate hygiene reason to get a circumcision.

Sure you can cut your kid's penis if you want to but let's not kid ourselves that hygiene matters or that it isn't going to hurt. Just because your kid won't remember it doesn't mean it won't hurt like hell. You want your kid to "be like you" is also a silly rationale. I have done a million things that I hope my child doesn't copy...and my child is different from me in a million ways. Big whoop on that. All of those are bad rationale for doing it.

Better rationale are religious reasons. Not sure any other rationale really backs the decision to do it.

And if you think women like the look of any penis, you're kidding yourself.

Exactly. Again, not to be nasty, but all erect penises look exactly the same.

From what I've heard, women dont like the taste of sperm. Preference is bs. Even regarding preference, do guys prefer a c cup vs a b cup? Of course they do. Who cares?

Be a good father. Raise him with strong principles and he will be all right.

Exactly. Again, not to be nasty, but all erect penises look exactly the same.

From what I've heard, women dont like the taste of sperm. Preference is bs. Even regarding preference, do guys prefer a c cup vs a b cup? Of course they do. Who cares?

Be a good father. Raise him with strong principles and he will be all right.

Strong principles with a trimmed up foreskin.... Bc everyone knows that if you have too much skin down there, the ladies talk... That's all in saying...

Even regarding preference, do guys prefer a c cup vs a b cup? Of course they do.

Nope. Bigger is not always better.

Strong principles with a trimmed up foreskin.... Bc everyone knows that if you have too much skin down there, the ladies talk... That's all in saying...

25% of newborns in the US are UNcircumcised. If women cared that much, there'd be a lot of talk. There's not.

25% of newborns in the US are UNcircumcised. If women cared that much, there'd be a lot of talk. There's not.

And of those 25%, how many do it down the line.... Let's ask women what they prefer..... Add in the hygiene aspect and it seems like a no brainer.... Not asking you to be sheep and follow the crowd... Just suggesting that you chop that worthless chunk of skin off

Earlier in this very thread, someone posted a stand up routine by a woman about this very topic. So I'd say there's some talk.

What talk are you talking about.

You missed my first point. ALL ERECT penis look EXACTLY the same.

Earlier in this very thread, someone posted a stand up routine by a woman about this very topic. So I'd say there's some talk.

You cant take a comedian serious. C'mon man. That's your validation?

She was exxagerating times a thousand.

What talk are you talking about.

You missed my first point. ALL ERECT penis look EXACTLY the same.

You cant take a comedian serious. C'mon man. That's your validation?

She was exxagerating times a thousand.

You sound like you're the resident expert on erect penises so u will defer to your knowledge of appearance and taste

Ladies talk... Lol. Dont know if he is or not of course, but if Brad Pitt (universally known as "attractive guy") was not circumsided, you think he would have a hard time getting laid?

Realistically, the biggest penis worry should be if its deformed in some way. Example: Banana d*ck. Now that's a problem!

You sound like you're the resident expert on erect penises so u will defer to your knowledge of appearance and taste

Nope. Just your regular sexaholic. Big difference.

Im actually trying to not be explicit, which is the funny part.

I say clip (pun intended Clipper) away. We faced the same choice in 1998 w/our son. The nature approach was starting to gain traction back then. BEST choice we made was to do it! Had a gr8 old-school, old-timer doctor that was a real pro, precise, quick... Wham bam and done... No messing around, no mistakes. But, I mentioned that already.

Most men like to pee standing up, unless one is Tom Brady. Peeing standing up is easier circumcised. In a public washroom, it will look like one is playing w/it if they are uncut.

Seriously, I did mention that my father is NOT cut. He'd always prefer sitting down and this was his excuse. FWIW

#EndOfDiscussion

Ladies talk... Lol. Dont know if he is or not of course, but if Brad Pitt (universally known as "attractive guy") was not circumsided, you think he would have a hard time getting laid?

Realistically, the biggest penis worry should be if its deformed in some way. Example: Banana d*ck. Now that's a problem!

Nope. Just your regular sexaholic. Big difference.

Im actually trying to not be explicit, which is the funny part.

I'm glad that you didn't get fired up with my last- was just trying to be a smart ass... With all joking aside, I think the OP is looking for suggestions and why/why not.... I've offered mine, but I would never NOT circumcise any son.... Hygiene is probably the biggest reason

I'm glad that you didn't get fired up with my last- was just trying to be a smart ass... With all joking aside, I think the OP is looking for suggestions and why/why not.... I've offered mine, but I would never NOT circumcise any son.... Hygiene is probably the biggest reason

That and there's really no reason not to do it. If we were born with a useless foreskin on our noses everyone would have it done without a second thought. But some people get all funny because it's attached to the penis. A lot of parents get weird in general about baby boys and they are obviously put on a pedestal in certain cultures, so that may have something to do with it.

That and there's really no reason not to do it. If we were born with a useless foreskin on our noses everyone would have it done without a second thought. But some people get all funny because it's attached to the penis. A lot of parents get weird in general about baby boys and they are obviously put on a pedestal in certain cultures, so that may have something to do with it.

What? It's only done because everyone does it. We don't need our earlobes, but no one cuts those off when we're born.