Burning Man live stream

PromoTheRobot

My assistant goes there and is there now. Some of it does look cool but it's filled with lots of smelly hippies. And if you think they smell regularly imagine several days in the desert with limited access to showers.

BTW every year they say this is the perfect time to go to SF seeing the city is completely devoid of hippies. LOL.

I have several friends who always wanted to go---then finally went (not all the same time). Everyone of them says they will never go again. Some say it was a good experience--but once is enough. Others say the entire event was a giant pain in the ass.

It probably was a bit better before it became such a mainstream thing to do.

You don't like smelly hippies?

My assistant goes there and is there now. Some of it does look cool but it's filled with lots of smelly hippies. And if you think they smell regularly imagine several days in the desert with limited access to showers.

BTW every year they say this is the perfect time to go to SF seeing the city is completely devoid of hippies. LOL.

I have several friends who always wanted to go---then finally went (not all the same time). Everyone of them says they will never go again. Some say it was a good experience--but once is enough. Others say the entire event was a giant pain in the ass.

It probably was a bit better before it became such a mainstream thing to do.

I think this is true. It probably was better before it became such a huge deal. It costs a fortune to go now. By the way, I read somewhere the FBI keeps BM under close surveillance the last few years. Can't be having folks spark up in the dessert, now can we? Still some of the art installations are pretty amazing.

i'd like to do Burning Man once, but I'd also like to do Bonnaroo & Coachella once as well. Doubt I'll get to do them, but we'll see

Coachella -- yes, since there's an actual point to it; and I like that area. Burning Man? Meh...as Cartman would say:

cartman_hippies.jpg

I don't mind hippies...in fact i love hippie chicks, in November I will be attending my 3rd Dead show of the year so being around hippies is not something I avoid.

Coachella -- yes, since there's an actual point to it; and I like that area. Burning Man? Meh...as Cartman would say:

cartman_hippies.jpg

I went to Dear Jerry in Merriweather in May, Fare Thee Well Friday show in Chicago, and going to see Dead & Company in Philly in November. The Chicago show was better than I could have hoped for, everything about it, the crowd, the atmosphere, the music. Still get excited thinking about it, and when people stop me when I am wearing the shirt i got from it or the 'let trey sing' shirt i got afterward, it is such a good time talking with others about it.

Did you go to "Fare the Well" in Chicago?

I went to Dear Jerry in Merriweather in May, Fare Thee Well Friday show in Chicago, and going to see Dead & Company in Philly in November. The Chicago show was better than I could have hoped for, everything about it, the crowd, the atmosphere, the music. Still get excited thinking about it, and when people stop me when I am wearing the shirt i got from it or the 'let trey sing' shirt i got afterward, it is such a good time talking with others about it.

Right on, man! I lucked into tickets for all three nights and had the time of my life with my old crew from back in the day. Was a family reunion of sorts for us. Would love to see Dead & co. just to see how they do with John Mayer, but not sure if I'll make any of them.

Have a Grateful day.

looking forward to Mayer...was listening to tales from the golden road on sirius Dead channel yesterday and someone pointed out Mayer's performance at the Love for Levon show when he did Tennessee Jed, they said prior to that show Mayer had gotten sick or injured and during his recovery he 'discovered' and studied the Dead and got instantly hooked. In my mind, I expect it to be a big let down after the amazing job Trey did in Chicago, but I think I went into the Chicago show thinking Trey would be a let down, and man was I wrong.

Right on, man! I lucked into tickets for all three nights and had the time of my life with my old crew from back in the day. Was a family reunion of sorts for us. Would love to see Dead & co. just to see how they do with John Mayer, but not sure if I'll make any of them.

Have a Grateful day.

Edited by The Poojer

Pooj, I imagine you're familiar with Dark Star Orchestra. I've seen them several times, and just got tix to see them in October. IMO, they are about as close as you can get to the real thing.

DSO is awesome, loved that John K and Jeff C have been so involved with the Dead and their various projects in recent years. Jeff C was on keyboards for the Fare Thee Well shows. Jeff C also just got busted in NY, on the thruway i believe, for weed. Dead tribute bands when done right are pretty damned good. Splintered Sunlight is a Philly based band and they really nail the sound and styles.

Pooj, I imagine you're familiar with Dark Star Orchestra. I've seen them several times, and just got tix to see them in October. IMO, they are about as close as you can get to the real thing.

Pooj,

Are you going to Lockn this weekend? A great lineup with all Dead members. Plus Robert Plant, Carlos Santana, Hot Tuna, and a reunion of sorts for Airplane, Doobie Incident (String Cheese Incident & Doobie Brothers), Mad Dogs & Englishmen (Joe Cocker celebration) with Leon Russell, Dave Mason, Rita Coolidge, Tedeschi Trucks), John Popper, Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic w Jimmy Cliff, & others.

http://www.locknfestival.com/

DSO is awesome, loved that John K and Jeff C have been so involved with the Dead and their various projects in recent years. Jeff C was on keyboards for the Fare Thee Well shows. Jeff C also just got busted in NY, on the thruway i believe, for weed. Dead tribute bands when done right are pretty damned good. Splintered Sunlight is a Philly based band and they really nail the sound and styles.

Pooj,

Are you going to Lockn this weekend? A great lineup with all Dead members. Plus Robert Plant, Carlos Santana, Hot Tuna, and a reunion of sorts for Airplane, Doobie Incident (String Cheese Incident & Doobie Brothers), Mad Dogs & Englishmen (Joe Cocker celebration) with Leon Russell, Dave Mason, Rita Coolidge, Tedeschi Trucks), John Popper, Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic w Jimmy Cliff, & others.

Lockn always has the best lineup of any of the festivals. Well the best for me anyway.

Lockn is an incredible lineup. It came into Virginia shortly after I left, kind of the same way the craft beer industry exploded in VA after I left....i am starting to take it personally.

Pooj,

Jerry Brown needs to set up a Thruway/Toll on the main road. Get those hippies to pay up!