Bills claim Gabe Ikard

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like one of those guys whose measurable don't jump off the page at you but have good technique and play better than their numbers indicate they would

Yep. 4.0 GPA in college. He'll be the brightest guy in the locker room, anyway...

Edited by Lurker

He's played left guard in the past and could play either guard spot at the next level, but a great deal of his value lies in his ability to lead an offensive line from the center position, make the correct calls and make the players around him better from that leadership role, at guard he would pretty much be just another guy. Ikard could be in the mold of a Matt Birk as a guy who slips to the latter portions of the draft because of a lack of impressive measurables but ends up being a decade long starter thanks mainly to what he has upstairs.

from Lurker's http://www.footballnation.com/content/scouts-eye-view-gabe-ikard-c-oklahoma/29069/

Sounds like he's more like a Center than a Guard (although he plays both), which is good, since Urbik is more of a G than a C. Those botched snaps in Detroit were a definite concern. Ikard sounds like he could potentially push Wood next year.

Solid pick-up.

According to his agent. OG.

Guard and C I think.

And tying threads together, right now his Wikipedia page is a must-view, check it out

Good... I think. Does anyone know if the cleaning staff at OBD was told about it in advance, or is this just another example of power going to Whaley's head? #roguetothebone.

Someone really ought to have one of these framed and sent to Whaley's office

So explain to me what players can get added to practice squad?

As I understand it only players with I believe it less than 4 years are PS eligible.

Players with more than 4 years exp who are released become UFA

Therefore anyone with less than 4 years would go through waivers

But if a player who went through waivers has to be added to active squad, then how would anyone ever end up on PS (as must have less than 4 years for PS)??

Either I'm missing something or the statement below can't be true as with what I wrote above there's no path to PS??

They claimed him off waivers from Titans. He has to be added to active roster.