That's some bad shooting.

Nervous Guy

Cops are not trained marksmen. They are merely certified to carry a gun.

And these bozos probably shouldn't even be that. It's okay to not hit a running target, at night, at city-block distance, with a pistol. That's a tough shot. But if you can't hit the target, you shouldn't be shooting, you idiots.

Cops are not trained marksmen. They are merely certified to carry a gun.

And these bozos probably shouldn't even be that. It's okay to not hit a running target, at night, at city-block distance, with a pistol. That's a tough shot. But if you can't hit the target, you shouldn't be shooting, you idiots.

How are they gonna know they can't hit the target w/out firing a few "test" shots first.

Say there are 24 officers, they all have to take a crack @ firing to see if they can hit the target. 84 shots divided by 24 officers is... You guessed it: 3.5 shots each!

See... That doesn't sound so bad, does it?

:-)

How are they gonna know they can't hit the target w/out firing a few "test" shots first.

Say there are 24 officers, they all have to take a crack @ firing to see if they can hit the target. 84 shots divided by 24 officers is... You guessed it: 3.5 shots each!

See... That doesn't sound so bad, does it?

:-)

Much like artillery, they were probably just walking them in.... Consider them warning shots, lol

This is pretty much par for the course. The average civilian who carries concealed has far more range time with their weapon than the average cop.

Yeah... Because the average cop is probably working 40+ hours a week and is not using their weapon @ all. Contrary to what the news media is putting out. It's probably the last thing they want to do... Go to the range. I play with boats all day... Last thing I want to do is go out boating.

Like the old joke. Homeowner goes to the carpenter: "Take your time, do a nice job and treat it like it was your own home." The carpenter picks up all his tools and stuff and begins to leave. The homeowner says: "Where are you going?" The carpenter replies back: "Lady, I am just doing what you said... I will be back in 20 years."

Anyway... Most cops would rather be doing this than going to the range on their free time:

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84374782/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yeah... Because the average cop is probably working 40+ hours a week and is not using their weapon @ all. Contrary to what the news media is putting out. It's probably the last thing they want to do... Go to the range. I play with boats all day... Last thing I want to do is go out boating.

Um, if my job requires me to "work' with people that may shoot at me, I am damn well going to make sure I can out shoot them!!!

My younger cousin just got a job as a police officer in central New York. She is only 22 years old and such a tiny little thing. I can't imagine her even discharging a 9mm handgun. It would probably knock her over. I love her to bits, and I would never say anything to her, but I don't understand how she even got the job.

Um, if my job requires me to "work' with people that may shoot at me, I am damn well going to make sure I can out shoot them!!!

And hopefully 84 bullets hit something.

The perp was hit w/a bullet.

Isn't it like snapping pictures... You can try and get that one gr8 shot with one adjustment & one click of the shutter... OR you can stick it in autobracketing mode and spray the muthaphucker!

Now... Don't get me wrong, I am of the quality over quantity approach... BUT, if you don't want to spend a lot of your free time practicing... Spraying it can yield a satisfactory result most of the time... You are just risking other things.

Did they not get the perp? Did anybody else get hurt? The result is the same. Like Tom said, it was dark and they were running. Sure it is hard, sure there is a risk of other dangers.

The world isn't a perfect place and the end result was the same. A perp that was downed, eventually that is.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And hopefully 84 bullets hit something.

The perp was hit w/a bullet.

Isn't it like snapping pictures... You can try and get that one gr8 shot with one adjustment & one click of the shutter... OR you can stick it in autobracketing mode and spray the muthaphucker!

Now... Don't get me wrong, I am of the quality over quantity approach... BUT, if you don't want to spend a lot of your free time practicing... Spraying it can yield a satisfactory result most of the time... You are just risking other things.

Did they not get the perp? Did anybody else get hurt? The result is the same. Like Tom said, it was dark and they were running. Sure it is hard, sure there is a risk of other dangers.

The world isn't a perfect place and the end result was the same. A perp that was downed, eventually that is.

Consider this.... Maybe every bullet went in the exact same hole at the exact same angle.... Maybe they are just THAT good!!! Why does everyone have to be so negative, geesh...