Tebow or Cassel?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO every team in the NFL should have AT LEAST one developmental QB on their roster. The position is way too important not to. The 3rd stronger should always be that player, and if you have an established starter, having two players like that is OK IMO.

I would go Tebow all day every day because of the potential. Also with TT starting, EJ as backup, IF we ever got to a point where we needed our 3rd stringer to start (very unlikely) the offense would change very little with Tebow. It would change a lot with Cassel.

Yeah, no kidding.

When we say ABC, we really mean it.

I don't get the Meh Love out there.

I don't think there is much Meh Love out here. There seem to be those who want an experienced QB, who might steady the offense. if it all goes off the rails, by being a game-manager who can complete a decent % of his (mostly shorter) passes. And be counted on to not totally screw the pooch.

Tebow is the exact opposite of what you are looking for if that's what you covet in a backup QB.

I admit I thought they had to keep Cassel, as the past two years we have seen what it's like not to have some experience at the QB position. Last year, the Bills had to (or decided to) go get Orton after the season started. I figured it was probably a good idea to have a gameday #2 like Cassel, as he is a guy who probably can get by with fewer reps during the week, and still be OK should TT go down. In the event TT was to miss games, I think EJ is the starter (in my mind) with Cassel still playing that #2 QB role. I still think that is the best option. But if they decide to cut Cassel for the $$---and then get one of the priorities signed--I'm fine with that. But Tebow? Really. There is no place for him, at any price, on the roster.

Edited by The Dean