I finally remember who Karlos Williams reminds me of...

Coach Tuesday

Take a look at KW's clips from FSU - he may be more of a glider than you realize. And Eddie was more physical than Marcus Allen, for sure...

Eddie would always seem to be either the batterer or the batteree. His game was physical for sure either way. I remember his showdowns with Ray Lewis.

I didn't realize Eddie had the footspeed of Karlos but I always thought of him as a pretty savvy runner. I suspect Karlos is one cut and go.

Interesting comparison tho.

Edited by starrymessenger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember...everything...I mean everything... comes back to EJ Manuel or #roguegate. You could visit the Consumer Reports page here and look for advice on whether to buy a 4 piece Proctor Silex toaster or a 2 piece Black and Decker and someone would advocate in favor of the cheaper Black and Decker because it has better speed and timing similar to Tyrod over EJ.

WTF?

Heisman trophy winner versus what fifth rounder! No comparison

Actually that IS a comparison, although a sloppy one. You make a comparison and then say "no comparison".

Funny how, either right before someone says "you can't compare the two" a comparison is indeed made by that same person.

Eddie George.

It's been bugging me for months - I kept asking myself, who does this guy run like? And then yesterday it finally dawned on me, he reminds me of a young Eddie George.

Karlos Williams measured 6'1'', 233 lbs at the combine and ran a 4.48 in the 40.

Eddie George was listed at 6'3'' and 235 lbs - so slightly taller but the same bulk. I couldn't find his 40 time but that sounds about right.

Both of them are upright runners with an impressive combination of size, speed and power. Both of them were drafted into power running offenses.

Eddie George was one of my favorite players of his time - I'll never forget his playoff battles in the snow against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Dude was one of the greats until his body gave out.

Karlos has shown flashes that he can be that kind of runner - whether he'll ever be at George's elite level is an open question but at least now I can stop scratching that memory itch.

Discuss?

(Edit: I also kinda thought we needed a non-QB/FJax/OBD Dysfunction thread.)

lets hope he turns out to be as good

I see a cross between Jake "white shoes" LaMotta and Freddy Boom Boom Washington, who sings like a cross between Barry "the answer" Manilow and Charles "the natural" Chaplain.

I also find that bald eagle meat tastes like a cross between spotted owl and whooping crane.

To the people who said that Karlos reminded them of Eric Dickerson because of his speed, size & upright run-style.....well now he's REALLY gonna look like E.D., he's now #29.

Edit: And Mulligan has changed his number from 49 to 82, a more suiting TE #.