Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

I'm not going to do a huge "I told you so", but I told you all so. Whaley is an arrogant infant who deserves every morsel of the hate he surely will receive for this.

You have no idea what the alleged lie is...

If making things up completely, I'm guessing he probably told Fred that he would retire a bill when they signed the last deal. If Fred legit has a 3 year plan to be the oldest running back in the history of the game those two things simply couldn't coexist.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were the case, Timmah wouldn't be calling it a rogue move. Something must have happened that didn't cross the i's and dot the t's in the process.

Especially when you see the off-season moves this year, is hard to believe that Rex doesn't have heavy input into personnel moves.

i agree he had heavy input into the personnel acquisitions (as he should) but this is referring to getting a roster from 90 to 53 and deciding who is essential to winning now and in the future and the financial implications of those moves. Rex does not have that authority as it was reported (like Chip Kelly, Belichik, Jeff fisher, Andy Reid, Pete Carroll). I am sure he has a great deal of input and more than he did in NJ. But the GM is accountable, I believe, for the decision. Rex wanted him? I buy that. He probably wants to keep a ton more guys than is possible. Someone has to make the call.

I'm not arguing should. I'm arguing nature. This was gonna happen. Cutting a fan favorite, the most beloved Bill in a decade, was going to be met with a negative response. No matter what Fred says.

And let's slow down on the "skew." Is it not possible Whaley is a good GM and still went around somebody in the process?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago

Tyler Dunne retweeted Bret Borock

Heard a version of what @ByTimGraham just tweeted. Whaley hasn't been a Jackson guy for a while.

Went around who? This is a GM's job.

You have no idea what the alleged lie is...

If making things up completely, I'm guessing he probably told Fred that he would retire a bill when they signed the last deal. If Fred legit has a 3 year plan to be the oldest running back in the history of the game those two things simply couldn't coexist.

Man, I'll just never get why people put up with posters like that...

I'm not arguing should. I'm arguing nature. This was gonna happen. Cutting a fan favorite, the most beloved Bill in a decade, was going to be met with a negative response. No matter what Fred says.

And let's slow down on the "skew." Is it not possible Whaley is a good GM and still went around somebody in the process?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago

Tyler Dunne retweeted Bret Borock

Heard a version of what @ByTimGraham just tweeted. Whaley hasn't been a Jackson guy for a while.

Fair enough, but shouldn't we by proxy discount Timmy if you think he's being opportunistic about this?

And yea, went rogue has far different connotations than "made final call"

Fair enough, but shouldn't we by proxy discount Timmy if you think he's being opportunistic about this?

And yea, went rogue has far different connotations than "made final call"

He could be. I don't see how we could definitively claim either at this point. One of the negatives of the Twitter era, I suppose.

And yes, but I can imagine a scenario where "went rogue" may be apt.

@ByTimGraham: Bills organization will remain unified when speaking publicly, but two sources tell me Doug Whaley went rogue in cutting Fred Jackson.

I defended Whaley at first.

But this - and Fred's comments about Doug being dishonest - are making me rethink my position.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Anonymous sources declare that Whaley "went rogue". We don't know the sources or if they are trustworthy and we don't know what "went rogue" specifically means. It sure sounds like a juicy tweet thought. Typical "reporting" in this day and age.

The "leak" from OBD that it was on Whaley could very well be intentionally trying to insulate Rex from the players thinking it was his call.

@ChrisTrapasso: It's a really bad sign if emotion runs an NFL franchise. FJax cut was actually a pretty common procedure for a relatively pricey veteran.

Do you have any more overly simplistic knee-jerk remarks you want to just put in one big post?

Simplistic? It's a GM's job to make personnel moves. Fred is old, unproductive and the money is better spent securing contributors. These are facts.

Sorry you, and many others, think a rah-rah guy scores points (the way games are won), but they don't. Guys who produce do. Guys less than 34-years-old,

It's not simple. It's reality.

The "leak" from OBD that it was on Whaley could very well be intentionally trying to insulate Rex from the players thinking it was his call.

@ChrisTrapasso: It's a really bad sign if emotion runs an NFL franchise. FJax cut was actually a pretty common procedure for a relatively pricey veteran.

I actually hate that remark, because the pulse and "emotion" of a locker room is very important for success. Ask the Dolphins.