Browns release Phil Taylor

YoloinOhio

Yes and no. Hey have traded back year after year to acquire more picks and squandered each and every one. Meanwhile the team trading up gets a freaking star.

Jones and Watkins are better than 5 busts

Watkins was drafted by Whaley. Before Nix got him for us we drafted horribly was my point.

Taylor has some injury issues but isn't a bad player and would be an intriguing pickup for us - he could occupy the center and perhaps let Dareus move outside more often. Although Red Bryant was signed for that purpose so he may not be needed. Taylor isn't a bust.

Had the team not signed Red Bryant I would love the Taylor pick up. But with Bryant occupying that role picking up Taylor would seem redundant. But some team looking to beef up the middle of their line will kick the tires on Taylor. I do question how good Taylor is since the Browns had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last season. But as we all know that isn't always reflective of how an individual preforms within a bad unit.

Had the team not signed Red Bryant I would love the Taylor pick up. But with Bryant occupying that role picking up Taylor would seem redundant. But some team looking to beef up the middle of their line will kick the tires on Taylor. I do question how good Taylor is since the Browns had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last season. But as we all know that isn't always reflective of how an individual preforms within a bad unit.

taylor was hurt a lot last year. From what I recall it was better when he played than when he didn't.

Taylor, looking at it, is perfect for Bill Belicheck. A low risk, high reward talented player who could fill a need missed since Wilfork. If I am the Pats then I am all over this guy. He would thrive there.

Isn't every player that is cut perfect for Belicheck?

Isn't every player that is cut perfect for Belicheck?

No. If we cut Sammy Watkins tomorrow the Pats would not pursue him. If we cut Dareus, they'd not pursue him. Or Mario Williams, or Aaron Williams. Guys like Hogan, Bradham or Gay would be ideal in NE for Belicheck.