"If we rescued the banks, we can save refugees" Merkel

SEE, I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE POINTING THIS OUT. EVEN IN THE FRIENDLY NEW YORK TIMES, FROM FRIENDLY COLUMNIST ROGER COHEN, WE GET THIS: Obama’s Syrian Nightmare.

Syria will be the biggest blot on the Obama presidency, a debacle of staggering proportions
. For more than four years now, the war has festered. A country has been destroyed, four million Syrians are refugees, Islamic State has moved into the vacuum and President Bashar al-Assad still drops barrel bombs whose shrapnel and chlorine rip women and children to shreds.

For a long time, those who fled waited in the neighborhood. They wanted to go home. They filled camps in Turkey and Jordan and Lebanon. When it became clear even to them that “home” no longer existed, nothing could stop them in their desperate flight toward the perceived security of Europe. The refugee crisis is the chronicle of a disaster foretold. . . .

American interventionism can have terrible consequences, as the Iraq war has demonstrated. But American non-interventionism can be equally devastating, as Syria illustrates. Not doing something is no less of a decision than doing it. The pendulum swings endlessly between interventionism and retrenchment because the United States is hard-wired to the notion that it can make the world a better place. Looking inward for long is a non-option for a nation that is also a universal idea. Every major conflict poses the question of how far America should get involved.

President Obama has tried to claw back American overreach after the wars without victory in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Actually, we had won in Iraq until Obama threw it away. And Syria, alas, is not Obama’s only debacle. What’s missing from Cohen’s column? Hillary’s complicity. And Joe Biden’s.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/214201/

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's demonstrably true. Explain how it isn't.

:lol: Wow.......an actual perfect example of a "fool's errand"

Hey TYTT, perhaps Gator forgot about these gentlemen.................

President Obama: "Today, I can announce that our review is complete, and that the United States will pursue a new strategy to end the war in Iraq through a transition to full Iraqi responsibility.

This strategy is grounded in a clear and achievable goal shared by the Iraqi people and the American people: an Iraq that is sovereign, stable, and self-reliant.

[W]e will work to promote an Iraqi government that is just, representative, and accountable, and that provides neither support nor safe haven to terrorists.”

How’d that all work out?

or Uncle Joe Biden:

"I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government," said Biden.

"I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all of the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

It's demonstrably true. Explain how it isn't.

Then demonstrate it. I can't explain something that isn't so. Our soldiers got out of the free fire zone, is that what you mean?

Are you forgetting your talking points from back then? Even the democrats were admitting that the surge worked.

Oh great, and Tom wants to say talking points are evidence :wallbash:

:lol: Wow.......an actual perfect example of a "fool's errand"

Hey TYTT, perhaps Gator forgot about these gentlemen.................

President Obama: "Today, I can announce that our review is complete, and that the United States will pursue a new strategy to end the war in Iraq through a transition to full Iraqi responsibility.

This strategy is grounded in a clear and achievable goal shared by the Iraqi people and the American people: an Iraq that is sovereign, stable, and self-reliant.

[W]e will work to promote an Iraqi government that is just, representative, and accountable, and that provides neither support nor safe haven to terrorists.”

How’d that all work out?

or Uncle Joe Biden:

"I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government," said Biden.

"I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all of the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

So your argument is it was so secure we should have stayed?

Way to completely misunderstand what was written. It's amazing you can make it through the day without setting yourself on fire.

No, I got it. Funny, disagree with Tom and the baby shows up crying. You are a low life

Source your claim: show evidence that he doesn't manage to set himself on fire every single day.

Without evidence I refuse to believe it.

Same here - it would require an understanding of the mechanisms for striking a match or using a lighter, both of which are obviously too complicated in their operation for him to grasp.

Same here - it would require an understanding of the mechanisms for striking a match or using a lighter, both of which are obviously too complicated in their operation for him to grasp.

I suspect he probably inadvertently sticks his head into a lit grill, or walks in front of a smelter or welder.

Oh no! You won't believe it?? Lol, so what?

Try to extinguish yourself, and then get back to me.

Oh cute, look at all the less than half wits getting together to attack me! Lol, you three are are pathetic little nimrods. I apologize for cutting you clowns down to size time and again. It's just so easy!

I suspect he probably inadvertently sticks his head into a lit grill, or walks in front of a smelter or welder.

Try to extinguish yourself, and then get back to me.

Wow, great one! You go and get started on a constitutional amendment for us so you feel ok with using paper money, because you actually think it's illegal now. What an idiot you are.

. I apologize for cutting you clowns down to size time and again. It's just so easy!

If you believe you've ever cut anyone on this board down ever, let alone "time and time again", you're more delusional than than Bills fans who thought JP was the answer at QB. I've met a lot of people who lack self awareness, but this post might take the cake. :lol:

Oh cute, look at all the less than half wits getting together to attack me! Lol, you three are are pathetic little nimrods. I apologize for cutting you clowns down to size time and again. It's just so easy!

Wow, great one! You go and get started on a constitutional amendment for us so you feel ok with using paper money, because you actually think it's illegal now. What an idiot you are.

Does it hurt to be this stupid?

It looks like it should probably hurt.