Cassel or EJ?

Nihilarian

Rappaport is an idiot. I don't know how "EJ seems like the obvious choice". Cassel has clearly been outplayed by both EJ and Taylor in the preseason. To me, Cassel is the obvious choice, assuming that there is a choice that needs to be made.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: "I expect to keep three quarterbacks on the roster. That's a true statement."

Quotes like these make me think EJ is getting traded.

If "That's a true statement." wasn't there, I wouldn't read into it as much.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I said that the other day and folks got bent out of shape. Of course, I also said TT is the starter.

if Cassel was going to be released, he would have left with Fred - to hook on elsewhere. from where i'm standing, Manuel is a much better fit to backup Taylor.. that said - Bills may be fielding offers for both, hence the lack of 'backup' news

Kirby posted a Chris Brown tweet stating that Cassel played with the 2's, but that's all I've seen on it.

Hands down keep EJ. Rare cases like Luck and Wilson have skewed everyone's expectations for young QB's to be immediate stars. There is zero patience anymore and people just want to move on to the next guy.

EJ hasn't even played one full season, was thrown into the starter roll when he wasn't ready, had some nice games with below average talent and bad coaching which I feel really set him back. Sure he's had his struggles but what young QB doesn't?!?! I see some huge improvements with him this year and feel he's only going to keep getting better, especially if a guy like Roman can stick around for a little while.

Cassel is a below average QB that's had one good year with the Pats which to me either shows the Patriots were definitely cheating or Belichick is the greatest coach of all time by a long shot. I think we should cut him and use the money to sign a FA CB/OL/LB or resign Dareus and/or Bradham. Would also have an extra roster spot available for depth or special teams position over a 3rd string QB who will be a cheerleader all year sitting on the sidelines.

EJs stock is pretty high right now. Try and get a 4th. Cassel would fetch a 7th. Cassel is a vet who is a solid backup QB. EJ is better than Cassel right now and better trade value.

good point.. but bringing Cassel in for Taylor is like the O losing an erection

Just based on things I've heard here and elsewhere I believe they are shopping EJ for a trade. If they do not find anything worthwhile before the next cut deadline they will cut Cassel. I am hoping for the latter.

That sounds plausible. But trading EJ is still a dumb idea. Taylor could flame out or get injured and what you're left with is a marginal journeyman with a high salary and a nobody in Simms.

No, it's just saying that they expect to keep 3 QBs, not 2. But he didn't say which.

if Cassel was going to be released, he would have left with Fred - to hook on elsewhere. from where i'm standing, Manuel is a much better fit to backup Taylor.. that said - Bills may be fielding offers for both, hence the lack of 'backup' news

They'll release him in the final cutdowns so no one is inclined to pick him up.

They'll release him in the final cutdowns so no one is inclined to pick him up

i hear ya.. but with guys dropping like flies, he has good value as a vet backup for alot of teams.. besides, i think pro FOs don't usually screw with a guy's chance for a payday - word gets around - which can hurt your chances of bringing vets into future camps.