Chrissie Hynde on rape: 'Some women are asking for it'

Like with anything else in life, don't put yourself in bad situations which court bad outcomes. You can't control the actions of others, and while committing rape is a terrible thing, those who would commit rape obviously don't care. The only person you can control is yourself, and if you, yourself, are concerned about being raped: don't go to places or behave in ways which make you more likely to be victimized by bad actors.

It sounds like she's talking about how she dealt with her own experience and of course it's being taken out of context by the "oh look, I'm offended!!" crowd.

Twenty years ago 'don't get tarted up to hang out with a biker gang' was called "common sense", not "victim blaming".

Like with anything else in life, don't put yourself in bad situations which court bad outcomes. You can't control the actions of others, and while committing rape is a terrible thing, those who would commit rape obviously don't care. The only person you can control is yourself, and if you, yourself, are concerned about being raped: don't go to places or behave in ways which make you more likely to be victimized by bad actors.

Is that like watching your back when pumping fuel in Texas?

It sounds like she's talking about how she dealt with her own experience and of course it's being taken out of context by the "oh look, I'm offended!!" crowd.

Twenty years ago 'don't get tarted up to hang out with a biker gang' was called "common sense", not "victim blaming".

I agree!

But... Did you see that article on the busboy that caught RFK (when RFK was shot dead)... He still blamed himself up until recently! Wow... Fascinating story!

Yes, acting like a slut while hanging out in close quarters with a biker gang known for gang rapes is the exact same thing as getting shot while pumping gas. :rolleyes:

You're an idiot.

I am sorry... I don't have a "safe place" go to like you do. Remember, society as a whole is sh*tty place. It is all the same thing... Be on guard all the time... Especially when you wlak out your four walls.

I shocked this was lost on you.. It what we reap. Like I said in the other thread, society is "the saloon" now, except we don't have to check our guns.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am sorry... I don't have a "safe place" go to like you do. Remember, society as a whole is sh*tty place. It is all the same thing... Be on guard all the time... Especially when you wlak out your four walls.

I shocked this was lost on you.. It what we reap. Like I said in the other thread, society is "the saloon" now, except we don't have to check our guns.

Again, you're an idiot. The overwhelming majority of the United States, public and private, is a "safe space" relative to a young woman, acting like a slut, hanging out with a bunch of known gang rapists.

Society is not "the saloon".

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

yep, if you have anything of value and it's not either well hidden or well protected it's you fault if anything happens to it.

Correction: it's partially your fault.

If I forget to lock my car and leave my GPS out in the open and it gets stolen, I would accept that I was an idiot and that it was partially my fault. (Legally, it's wholly the thief's fault, of course).

If you live life assuming everyone around you is an angel, you will get raped. Literally and figuratively.

Again, you're an idiot. The overwhelming majority of the United States, public and private, is a "safe space" relative to a young woman, acting like a slut, hanging out with a bunch of known gang rapists.

Society is not "the saloon".

You need to get out more. It most certainly is not a safe place when it comes to cops, they need to be on guard even more than women... Especially w/it being a wild west libertarian paradise out there.

And yes... Society is "the saloon" no thanks to thinking like you and others.

Correction: it's partially your fault.

If I forget to lock my car and leave my GPS out in the open and it gets stolen, I would accept that I was an idiot and that it was partially my fault. (Legally, it's wholly the thief's fault, of course).

If you live life assuming everyone around you is an angel, you will get raped. Literally and figuratively.

Exactly... I agree w/you... And I think that is all Chrissie is saying. Almost everything one does can be traced to something they did to make the situation worse. A mistep here, a mistep there. Not being on guard enough, whatever... Partially to blame is a could way to look @ it.

This is what she actually said:

Hynde opened up about the traumatic experience in which she was sexually assaulted by members of a biker gang while she was high on drugs.

“Technically speaking, however you want to look at it, this was all my doing and I take full responsibility,” she told the Times.

“You can’t f--- about with people, especially people who wear ‘I Heart Rape’ and ‘On Your Knees’ badges,” Hynde added.

“Those motorcycle gangs, that’s what they do. You can’t paint yourself into a corner and then say whose brush is this? You have to take responsibility.”

Calling herself “naive” at the time of her own rape, the older, supposedly wiser Hynde kept up with her head-scratching argument.

"If I'm walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself and someone attacks me, then I'd say that's his fault,” said Hynde. “But if I'm being very lairy and putting it about and being provocative, then you are enticing someone who's already unhinged — don't do that."

Looks as if she is figuratively saying that one shouldn't knowingly take a stroll through a minefield.

Edited by 3rdnlng

You need to get out more. It most certainly is not a safe place when it comes to cops, they need to be on guard even more than women... Especially w/it being a wild west libertarian paradise out there.

And yes... Society is "the saloon" no thanks to thinking like you and others.

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Why not compile data, or link to someone who already has, citing libertarians whom have shot police performing innocent tasks?

Oh, wait... it's because you can't, because you've pulled this entire thing out of your ass with absolutely nothing to support it.

The truth is that the left have been making their hey recently by telling the world that police are racist against blacks, inciting a freaking race war, and actively working to make the streets more dangerous for law enforcement. Add to that a few individuals with severe mental and emotional problems, and you've got yourself a powder keg. Police in Baltimore have, as a result, essentially given up policing, and violence has spiraled almost out of control. It's the same all over the country.

And the left's solution? Disarming the law abiding citizens so that they can no longer protect themselves against the criminal elements who will not surrender their force multipliers, putting them at a further disadvantage, and making them more likely to be victims. Because guns are bad.

News flash, dip ****: I wish that there were no guns in the world. Sincerely.

Second news flash: But there are guns in the world, and there will always be guns in the world. And, given the nature of guns, they will always be in the hands of individuals who would seek to harm others with them.

That's why gun control is bunk. It doesn't remove guns from the hands of those who would use them to commit gun crimes. And as long as the criminals have them, I want them as well, as it gives me a fighting chance.

Further, we don't live in a libertarian paradise of any construction, and I openly defy you to make a sound argument for that statement.

Lastly, all people are not inherently good. Most are inherently self-interested and opportunistic, and a good deal are physically criminally exploitive to those ends. Removal of an honest citizen's best chance of self-defense through force multiplier has shown to be destructive in the UK, where the violent crime rate is significantly higher than that of the US since they've all but banned guns.

What's with the name calling? Not that I mind, it's PPP... Do you bite too? I see you have trouble articulating your thoughts w/out throwing the names and slurs in there. What are you two?

What applies to Chrissie's situation also applies to the cop's in Texas. She's messing around with lot's of bad people, so is he. A cop is naive to think they aren't/shouldn't be messing around w/the dirtbags. In a culture that is cultivating cop hate, there are many that will gun for them. Given a widespread and an efficient weapon w/ease of use (ie: guns)... I would say be on guard while on duty, no matter what is being done (ie: pumping fuel). Same w/Chrissie, I agree with her... Mess w/the sodomites of the world, you are partially to blame. Police the dirtballs of the world: Have eyes in the back of your head. Heck, everybody nowadays, walk out into the world and don't make a misstep!

There is no room for cluelessness and Chrissie agrees. There's no room to be naive. It is naive to think that when messing w/rapists one won't get raped. When policing dirtbags that want to kill you, you won't have a target on your back.

That's all I am saying... We are in a world, everyone of us where we have to be on guard and vigilant. If something bad happens, you can usually trace it back to a misstep, lack of attention. Take the hard, cumbersome route. If you are a soldier, don't come crashing througn the main door where the terrorists expect you to crash through. Again, almost everybody is to blame partially for what they set themselves up for. What problem do you have w/this thinking. You just don't like it because I applied it to the cop inTexas. How dare I do something that distasteful!

Isn't that the world you want. Where everybody is accountable within reason? Do you not want people to be less clueless/naive? That's a tough pill to swallow, especially the victim's rights people in regard to what Chrissie said! What I just said!

Now mix in deadly and efficient killing machines... You have a gr8 receipe out there!

Let's eat!

What's with the name calling? Not that I mind, it's PPP... Do you bite too? I see you have trouble articulating your thoughts w/out throwing the names and slurs in there. What are you two?

What applies to Chrissie's situation also applies to the cop's in Texas. She's messing around with lot's of bad people, so is he. A cop is naive to think they aren't/shouldn't be messing around w/the dirtbags. In a culture that is cultivating cop hate, there are many that will gun for them. Given a widespread and an efficient weapon w/ease of use (ie: guns)... I would say be on guard while on duty, no matter what is being done (ie: pumping fuel). Same w/Chrissie, I agree with her... Mess w/the sodomites of the world, you are partially to blame. Police the dirtballs of the world: Have eyes in the back of your head. Heck, everybody nowadays, walk out into the world and don't make a misstep!

There is no room for cluelessness and Chrissie agrees. There's no room to be naive. It is naive to think that when messing w/rapists one won't get raped. When policing dirtbags that want to kill you, you won't have a target on your back.

That's all I am saying... We are in a world, everyone of us where we have to be on guard and vigilant. If something bad happens, you can usually trace it back to a misstep, lack of attention. Take the hard, cumbersome route. If you are a soldier, don't come crashing througn the main door where the terrorists expect you to crash through. Again, almost everybody is to blame partially for what they set themselves up for. What problem do you have w/this thinking. You just don't like it because I applied it to the cop inTexas. How dare I do something that distasteful!

Isn't that the world you want. Where everybody is accountable within reason? Do you not want people to be less clueless/naive? That's a tough pill to swallow, especially the victim's rights people in regard to what Chrissie said! What I just said!

Now mix in deadly and efficient killing machines... You have a gr8 receipe out there!

Let's eat!

The police officer's situation is akin to the hypothetical situation Ms. Hynde offered, where she is walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself". The guy was pumping gas, not going into a drug den, or breaking up a gang fight. He wasn't doing anything which one would think should open him up to violence.

The fact that you equate the two is moronic, yet unsurprising.

The police officer's situation is akin to the hypothetical situation Ms. Hynde offered, where she is walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself". The guy was pumping gas, not going into a drug den, or breaking up a gang fight. He wasn't doing anything which one would think should open him up to violence.

The fact that you equate the two is moronic, yet unsurprising.

Was he not wearing a uniform? Are there not bad guys out there that think "Him vs. Us."

Nope. It doesn't matter. Anywhere in public now is unsafe. Given the events of today, culture, etc... The world is that drug den.

It's assymetrical warfare out there. There are no boundaries. Societal structure has been broken apart and given way to governmental structure. I fault modern liberalism there!

NOTHING in life is easy, and everything has a consequence. One can't just do whatever they want to do and feel safe and secure.

Questions to ponder:

Can a woman ask to be raped and actually get what she asked for?

What constitutes asking for rape? Where is the line drawn?

Can a man be raped by a woman just because he was dressed provocatively and acted like a male slut?

Questions to ponder:

Can a woman ask to be raped and actually get what she asked for?

What constitutes asking for rape? Where is the line drawn?

Can a man be raped by a woman just because he was dressed provocatively and acted like a male slut?

I can't answer those questions, but did you see where she can consent... Then the next morning/day if she gets shamed on social media, claim rape. WTF!!!! Edited by ExiledInIllinois