Denali or McKinley? What say ye?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL... Nothing like dragging out the annoyed cynical boo-birds.

I think this all kind of funny... Of course Obama played it FWIW...

Can't slip anything by you guys. Like Eskimos (name purposely choosen) in a polar bear trap... Snap! Alaskan Derwoord is probably hanging the streamers across the main drag in Anchorage now. JiA is landing his seaplane w/the new water heater delivery while his tenants rejoice w/the Choosen One (Obama of course) as he walks across the Cook Inlet to greet his humble (and a bit smelly from the wild) masses!

:-)

Obama going to Alaska is a historic blunder, a tragedy that will mar his presidency.

Sorry, I forgot that. Like he had to leave the country. ;-)

The question is really what is this story being used to draw attention away from?

The gift to The People! His presence to announce the coming of Global Warming... And flowing funds of course!

Cry-Baby... What does the Alaskan contingent say? ...Now that the Ohio delegation has spoken!

Answer: Because Ohio has been stonewalling this since 1974 AND Obama is the first sitting Prez. to step foot in The Final Frontier. Hey, that has a nice ring... I gotta little 4mer in me! ;-)

If I were 4mer I would be highly offended by that remark.

They could call it Mount Meh for all I care

As long as it's not being used as the excuse for some multi-million dollar pork project. Any cost incurred by this, such as updating signs, should be borne by those who wanted the change

That's fair enough... It's almost laughable that we are worried about the signs going up around Mt. Meh... I mean Denali.

Anyway, does it get a "Mount"... That is, is it Mt. Denali... Or just: Denali. ??

If I were 4mer I would be highly offended by that remark.

Hey... Now you get my reasoning! See, you are finally catching on and all the while I thought you were stupid. You are quite inteligent afterall!

That's fair enough... It's almost laughable that we are worried about the signs going up around Mt. Meh... I mean Denali.

Anyway, does it get a "Mount"... That is, is it Mt. Denali... Or just: Denali. ??

Hey... Now you get my reasoning! See, you are finally catching on and all the while I thought you were stupid. You are quite inteligent afterall!

Not only did the joke go over your head but in sarcastically calling me "inteligent afterall" you make yourself look foolish. Sometimes you are able to make a post that is reasonably intelligent but more often than not something really stupid ends up here attached to your name and avatar. Do you have a clown suit that you wear most of the time? If you do, please take it off before posting----and don't post any pics.

It's just "Denali". I think there are a couple of touristy places here that use the "Mt McKinley" in the name but about 99% of the time it's referred to as "Denali". The national park it resides in is "Denali National Park".

Denali is Athabascan for "The Great One." Mr. Obama got one right for a change. It's a small one but it's the right decision, nonetheless.

It's just "Denali". I think there are a couple of touristy places here that use the "Mt McKinley" in the name but about 99% of the time it's referred to as "Denali". The national park it resides in is "Denali National Park".

Denali is Athabascan for "The Great One." Mr. Obama got one right for a change. It's a small one but it's the right decision, nonetheless.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/31/this-ohio-gop-congressman-is-going-to-fight-the-mt-mckinley-name-change/

Not so fast! The Ohio GOP delegation is going to fight the name change... Gee ain't that gr8!

You are right... It is mostly Denali anyway. This move seems more of an official move than anything. What the heck does William McKinley have to do w/Denali. Even back then it was a political move to name it after him...

Now... Where to place Mt. Obama, I betcha you have a few ideas! ;-) :-) What's the highest point in Rhode Island or Florida? ;-)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/31/this-ohio-gop-congressman-is-going-to-fight-the-mt-mckinley-name-change/

Not so fast! The Ohio GOP delegation is going to fight the name change... Gee ain't that gr8!

You are right... It is mostly Denali anyway. This move seems more of an official move than anything. What the heck does William McKinley have to do w/Denali. Even back then it was a political move to name it after him...

Now... Where to place Mt. Obama, I betcha you have a few ideas! ;-) :-) What's the highest point in Rhode Island or Florida? ;-)

The highest point in Rhode Island is Jerimoth Hill (yes, a hill), which is a mere 811 feet above sea-level at it's summit.

I'd be in absolute support of naming the hill after President Obama. Given it's lack of stature in comparison to other high-points, I think it's the perfect representation of the Obama presidency.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The highest point in Rhode Island is Jerimoth Hill (yes, a hill), which is a mere 811 feet above sea-level at it's summit.

I'd be in absolute support of naming the hill after President Obama. Given it's lack of stature in comparison to other high-points, I think it's the perfect representation of the Obama presidency.

LMAO... That was my point! I forgot wou were Rhode Island... Ha... I picked two states that probably have the lowest hills (RI/FLA).

FWIW... Charles Mound in Illinois is like 1,300 feet. Near the Driftless Zone of the Old Northwest/Galena area, on the Wisconsin border. Much too high for Obama!!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

LMAO... That was my point! I forgot wou were Rhode Island... Ha... I picked two states that probably have the lowest hills (RI/FLA).

FWIW... Charles Mound in Illinois is like 1,300 feet. Near the Driftless Zone of the Old Northwest/Galena area, on the Wisconsin border. Much too high for Obama!!!

Not in his youth.

I'm fine with the name change. When Obama is preoccupied with stuff like this, it means he's not screwing up something important, like medical insurance, nuclear arms deals, red lines in the Syrian sand, our economy, relations with international allies, shovel ready jobs, race relations, border security, and anything else you can think of.

If he really wanted to do right by changing the name of the mountain, he'd call it something like "Mount Buffalo Bills", or "Azalin's Peak".

I'm fine with the name change. When Obama is preoccupied with stuff like this, it means he's not screwing up something important, like medical insurance, nuclear arms deals, red lines in the Syrian sand, our economy, relations with international allies, shovel ready jobs, race relations, border security, and anything else you can think of.

If only he didn't already screw up ALL of those important things.

Maybe after the Mt. McKinley, he'll focus on the next major project: How college is good like a cigarette that is bad for Wall Street who should pay for the cancer.

Or something like that.