RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter? The proof is in the pudding. They didn't keep the best RBs, they kept those they saw the most potential in down the road. It's a move for next season not this season. And it's a decission that doesn't make the team any stronger for this season.

They kept the best RB in the form of McCoy, certainly.

And looking toward the future is always a roster dynamic.

A 34 year old Freddy just doesn't bring what he used to bring when there are others that bring the same athletically and contribute on special teams. And, given how positions are salary slotted, the question of value comes to the fore in light of his declining ability.

And again, I'm not sold that Brown makes final cuts.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm sure this has been mentioned ad nauseam but my biggest concern is pass protection. Fred had a real knack for that.

I think this is the single most important aspect of his game that we will miss. JJ Watt would probably agree.

GO BILLS!!!

They kept the best RB in the form of McCoy, certainly.

And looking toward the future is always a roster dynamic.

A 34 year old Freddy just doesn't bring what he used to bring when there are others that bring the same athletically and contribute on special teams. And, given how positions are salary slotted, the question of value comes to the fore in light of his declining ability.

And again, I'm not sold that Brown makes final cuts.

GO BILLS!!!

If he does, would that change your position?

Fred is one of the classiest people to ever put on a Bills uniform. I wish him nothing but the best and it I just sad to see his Bills career come to an end this way.

I think this is the only unanimous opinion today.

GO BILLS!!!

If cutting Fred was to justify using a 4th on Bryce Brown, then what is Whaley's excuse for cutting cockrell (also a 4th)?

Oh that's right, he has no problem moving on from failures. Fred was old, lost a step, and replaced by better players....deal with it.

@TyDunne: Easley on Fred: I was hoping that was the first of many blocks. I didnt think that would be my last time stepping on the field with him."

Now i am tearing up again.

I had a co worker come over to me after the announcement this morning i thought he was breaking my nuts> when i realized he was not kidding i punched him. he did not mind.

So i have read all these posts and only now can respond. i hope no one feels the need to knock down my feelings about Fred Jackson.

This guy has been my favorite Bills players for along time. On defense it would be Kyle.

These guys just never quit. On some of the shittiest most mismanaged teams i have had the displeasure to cheer for.

I could always cheer for Fred because he gave it 110% all the time.

Epitomised what a Buffalo Bill is for me.

Dont care about logic and not going to argue with anyone anymore about his worth. Sure as hell wish he was able to see the playoffs and enjoy that accomplishment that is surely coming this year.

Always more to the story. But i am pretty racked up over this. I never wanted to see him play for another team and always hoped he would gracefully retire as a Bill next year.

Its a hard shot to take to the chin for me but i saw it coming we all did. Was just a matter of time.

Sure hope it was done with class.

and hell yes he belongs on the Wall. Heart and soul man, heart and soul.

new day dawning. lets get on board

Love you Fred.

please no responses.

just my thought over this difficult day.

Go Bills!

Fred Jackson ‏@Fred22Jackson

Thank you Buffalo!! We have loved being part of this community. The fan support has been overwhelming. The Old Man isn't done yet!!

Gonna miss you Fred! Best wishes!