A Farewell Tribute to Bledsoe

rocketbills

I never wanted him on the team. From day one I said it was a bad idea. Bad to the bone. But I got ripped on this board.

Now, at his best his past reputation sold tickets.

At his worst ... mole for the NE Pats.

I wish I knew how to tuen the following into a haiku >>

Oh the QB cut his leg and Drew Bledsoe ...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocketbills you are right. He is a classy guy and he was the right choice at the right time for the Bills. RJ, Jeff Blake, a rookie (and none from that draft class have done anything) or Bledsoe. Those were our choices. Right choice at the time. He has always conducted himself with class. Some on this board are too mean-spirited but you've got to take the good with the bad. He shouldn't and doesn't deserve to be treated like a guy who was a cancer on the city. He is a good guy who has just taken too many hits and is aging. A great guy who was a very good QB. Good luck to wherever he goes.

Rocketbills you are right.  He is a classy guy and he was the right choice at the right time for the Bills.  RJ, Jeff Blake, a rookie (and none from that draft class have done anything) or Bledsoe.  Those were our choices.  Right choice at the time.  He has always conducted himself with class.  Some on this board are too mean-spirited but you've got to take the good with the bad.  He shouldn't and doesn't deserve to be treated like a guy who was a cancer on the city.  He is a good guy who has just taken too many hits and is aging.  A great guy who was a very good QB.  Good luck to wherever he goes.

237298[/snapback]

There's a saying, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Let's see if JP can take 48 games of getting hit behind this o line and get up off the ground after every play. Among a few other things, Bledsoe did just that.

I think Bledsoe deserves a classy sendoff after bringing excitement back to Buffalo

and missing the playoffs by a whisker twice in 3 years. Frankly, I'm not ready for a long period of QB rebuilding but I'll support any Bill that takes the field.

Okay. Here goes. This is an alphabetical list of all the guys that played QB (full time) for the Bills.

Pick one to have his baby. Then have the decency to shut up about it.

Drew's a worn-out old shoe. It's time to toss him out with most of the rest of this list.

Or - do you want all of these guys to come back and play too?

Whaaaa, waaah, waaah!

My favorite guy is gone.

Boo, hoo, hoo.

Life will never be the same again.

Fred Basana

Drew Bledsoe

Bob Brodhead

Travis Brown

Todd Collins

Dan Darragh

Al Dorrow

Joe Dufek

Joe Ferguson

VInce Ferragamo

Tom Flores

Doug Flutie

Stan Gelbaugh

Gale Gilbert

John Green

James Harris

Leo Hart

Billy Joe Hobert

David Humm

Scott Hunter

Rob Johnson

Ken Johnson

Jim Kelly

Jack Kemp

Matt Kofler

Daryle Lamonica

Ritchie Lucas

Dan Manucci

Gary Marangi

Bruce Mathison

David Mays

Brian McClure

Mark Miller

Bill Munson

Tom O'Connell

Warren Rabb

Frank Reich

M.C. Reynolds

Matt Robinson

Benny Russell

Dennis Shaw

Tom Sherman

Kay Stephenson

Mike Taliferro

Alex Van Pelt

Manchester Wheeler

Sam Wyche

Some of the posts I have read on this message board regarding Drew being released this offseason have seriously disgusted me and pissed me off.  I realize he is not the 2nd comming of Joe Montana and I know he was never able to take us to the playoffs but to say "see ya buddy, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" and "I'm so glad to see that bum go, now I can finally get a good nights rest" is just appauling and makes me ashamed to call some of you fellow fans.

That's nothing compared to the "let's wait on the overpass of the highway when GW is leaving and shoot him in the head as he drives by," or "Let's drag Gilbride out behind his house and kick the crap out of him now that he's been released."

The quality of the board has severely dropped in the past few years. Check out some of the archives and you'll see what I mean.

CW

That's nothing compared to the "let's wait on the overpass of the highway when GW is leaving and shoot him in the head as he drives by," or "Let's drag Gilbride out behind his house and kick the crap out of him now that he's been released."

The quality of the board has severely dropped in the past few years.  Check out some of the archives and you'll see what I mean.

CW

237325[/snapback]

I haven't been here long but I can say I have to agree. The vitriol with which people attack players is amazing.

It's startling how such brave keyboard jockeys will dare to insult guys twice their size when there is no fear of repercussion. When guys spend day after day criticizing and insulting guys with things they'd never say to their face it makes you wonder how damn low their own self-esteem must be.

Some of the posts I have read on this message board regarding Drew being released this offseason have seriously disgusted me and pissed me off.  I realize he is not the 2nd comming of Joe Montana and I know he was never able to take us to the playoffs but to say "see ya buddy, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" and "I'm so glad to see that bum go, now I can finally get a good nights rest" is just appauling and makes me ashamed to call some of you fellow fans. 

Drew has been nothing but professional since becomming our starting signal caller and he has added excitement and hope to a team withtout any big name QB since Jim Kelly.  Yes he was a statue in the pocket, yes he had a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long and sometimes he tried too hard to make a big play, but he gave 100% of his heart on every snap he ever took and he deserves to be sent off with the highest degree of respect and appreciation possible.  To me, Bledsoe embodies everything that the Buffalo Bills stand for.  A true blue collar worker who gives his upmost effort on every play and who is as much a team player as anyone I have ever seen.  Never greedy, he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to help out the team...restructure his contract, sit on the bench behind tom brady while keeping his mouth shut (yeah I know that was in foxboro but it just adds to the point I am trying to build)... he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart. 

I'm not saying Bledsoe deserves to be our starting QB.  That is a debatable point and I know there are always two sides to every coin.  But please atleast show him the same love and appreciation that he has shown us by letting him bow out graciously while telling him thank you and goodluck whever your path may take you.  I will always think of Drew as a tough as nails QB, much like Jim Kelly and I am proud to say that he played for the Buffalo Bills.  If he were to decide to retire a Bill, he would only add to the long list of classy and first-rate players who have already done so.  Thank you Drew for making me remember why I love the Buffalo Bills......

John

237114[/snapback]

see ya drew hope the door dosnt slam yer ass on the way out!

People may say insane things around here but nobody ever shot GW or beat the daylights out of Gilbride, did they? Just people venting. It's alot better than actually going out and doing something crazy. I pulled for Bledsoe when he got here. It didn't work out at all and Bills fans just want to win and see their team in the playoffs and have a shot at the Super Bowl again. It didn't happen with Bledsoe and it cost us three seasons. He never showed up in the big games he played for us and now he's gone. Good riddance in my opinion. If someone wanted to say we should drag him down the Thurway from the back of a bus on the way out of town............

Drew has been nothing but professional since becomming our starting signal caller and he has added excitement and hope to a team withtout any big name QB since Jim Kelly.  Yes he was a statue in the pocket, yes he had a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long and sometimes he tried too hard to make a big play, but he gave 100% of his heart on every snap he ever took and he deserves to be sent off with the highest degree of respect and appreciation possible.  To me, Bledsoe embodies everything that the Buffalo Bills stand for.  A true blue collar worker who gives his upmost effort on every play and who is as much a team player as anyone I have ever seen.  Never greedy, he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to help out the team...restructure his contract, sit on the bench behind tom brady while keeping his mouth shut (yeah I know that was in foxboro but it just adds to the point I am trying to build)... he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart. 

I'm not saying Bledsoe deserves to be our starting QB.  That is a debatable point and I know there are always two sides to every coin.  But please atleast show him the same love and appreciation that he has shown us by letting him bow out graciously while telling him thank you and goodluck whever your path may take you.  I will always think of Drew as a tough as nails QB, much like Jim Kelly and I am proud to say that he played for the Buffalo Bills.  If he were to decide to retire a Bill, he would only add to the long list of classy and first-rate players who have already done so.  Thank you Drew for making me remember why I love the Buffalo Bills......

John

237114[/snapback]

yawn..tough to get sentimental knowing DB's bank account is bulging as a result of inferior play. Anyway good for him. He gets paid.

I think a farewell pep rally is in order.  :rolleyes:

237141[/snapback]

Comes in to the strains of a brass band; leaves to a chorus of Kazoos. Just another player who's more than wore out his welcome; another pro athlete who must be told his glory days are over and doesn't get the message.

Perpared? Drew? A three time SB winner QB said that Drew doesn't prepare as much as he could.

The defining moment for Drew for me was when he threw it away on fourth down against the Eagles last year.

I respect Drew as a man, but as a QB he's got to be one of the most overrated players I've ever watched.

The most overrated QB in the league is Michael Vick.

237574[/snapback]

Lol, Sue. I've had this discussion with many fine people on this board. I have my opinion and you know what it is obviously.

The difference between Vick and Drew is that Vick is a game breaker. He's 24. He's been to the playoffs in both of his first two years in this league. He's got so much upside potential it's sickening.

The other is a 33 year old who hasn't lead his team to crap in his last five years in the league.

A true fan backs every player, good or bad.  If you don't like him, fine, thats your right to have your own opinion but atleast show a little bit of class and support the players.  I hope JP has a great year next season and I hope we win the superbowl, but if the kid falls flat on his face and we don't go to the playoffs for the next 5 years that won't bother me one bit.  I'll still support the kid and I'll never publically call him out but I'll smile to myself thinking of all the fans who have annointed him our saviour.  The fact of the matter is that if every player played with as much heart and effort as Bledsoe we would be one of the best teams in the nfl.  If his family is all the way across the nation and he wants to spend half of the offseason with them, thats fine with me.  Unless you have had a sit down heart to heart talk with him and you know why he does what he does, you don't have a damn right in the world to question him.  He is a veteren and a very good player and I'm sure he kept himself conditioned and in great shape in Washington.  I never once heard a single coach or player call him out for not spending 100% of the offseason in Buffalo.  If you can find a quote where someone who is credible (that means someone other then you) called him out, please copy and paste it.  thank you for taking the time to read this post.

john

well said - I am from the area, moved away 7 years ago, and would never live anywhere near upstate NY if I had a choice

Bledsoe was a class act - tough, strong leader - never made excuses...it just didnt work out

237147[/snapback]