A Farewell Tribute to Bledsoe

rocketbills

Some of the posts I have read on this message board regarding Drew being released this offseason have seriously disgusted me and pissed me off. I realize he is not the 2nd comming of Joe Montana and I know he was never able to take us to the playoffs but to say "see ya buddy, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" and "I'm so glad to see that bum go, now I can finally get a good nights rest" is just appauling and makes me ashamed to call some of you fellow fans.

Drew has been nothing but professional since becomming our starting signal caller and he has added excitement and hope to a team withtout any big name QB since Jim Kelly. Yes he was a statue in the pocket, yes he had a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long and sometimes he tried too hard to make a big play, but he gave 100% of his heart on every snap he ever took and he deserves to be sent off with the highest degree of respect and appreciation possible. To me, Bledsoe embodies everything that the Buffalo Bills stand for. A true blue collar worker who gives his upmost effort on every play and who is as much a team player as anyone I have ever seen. Never greedy, he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to help out the team...restructure his contract, sit on the bench behind tom brady while keeping his mouth shut (yeah I know that was in foxboro but it just adds to the point I am trying to build)... he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart.

I'm not saying Bledsoe deserves to be our starting QB. That is a debatable point and I know there are always two sides to every coin. But please atleast show him the same love and appreciation that he has shown us by letting him bow out graciously while telling him thank you and goodluck whever your path may take you. I will always think of Drew as a tough as nails QB, much like Jim Kelly and I am proud to say that he played for the Buffalo Bills. If he were to decide to retire a Bill, he would only add to the long list of classy and first-rate players who have already done so. Thank you Drew for making me remember why I love the Buffalo Bills......

John

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the posts I have read on this message board regarding Drew being released this offseason have seriously disgusted me and pissed me off.  I realize he is not the 2nd comming of Joe Montana and I know he was never able to take us to the playoffs but to say "see ya buddy, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" and "I'm so glad to see that bum go, now I can finally get a good nights rest" is just appauling and makes me ashamed to call some of you fellow fans. 

Drew has been nothing but professional since becomming our starting signal caller and he has added excitement and hope to a team withtout any big name QB since Jim Kelly.  Yes he was a statue in the pocket, yes he had a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long and sometimes he tried too hard to make a big play, but he gave 100% of his heart on every snap he ever took and he deserves to be sent off with the highest degree of respect and appreciation possible.  To me, Bledsoe embodies everything that the Buffalo Bills stand for.  A true blue collar worker who gives his upmost effort on every play and who is as much a team player as anyone I have ever seen.  Never greedy, he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to help out the team...restructure his contract, sit on the bench behind tom brady while keeping his mouth shut (yeah I know that was in foxboro but it just adds to the point I am trying to build)... he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart. 

I'm not saying Bledsoe deserves to be our starting QB.  That is a debatable point and I know there are always two sides to every coin.  But please atleast show him the same love and appreciation that he has shown us by letting him bow out graciously while telling him thank you and goodluck whever your path may take you.  I will always think of Drew as a tough as nails QB, much like Jim Kelly and I am proud to say that he played for the Buffalo Bills.  If he were to decide to retire a Bill, he would only add to the long list of classy and first-rate players who have already done so.  Thank you Drew for making me remember why I love the Buffalo Bills......

John

237114[/snapback]

sniff sniff.....bye bye big game Drew. You made me think of other great Bills like Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas they way you showed up in big games.

I'll sure miss you... #11 for Bill Wall of Fame! :P

Some of the posts I have read on this message board regarding Drew being released this offseason have seriously disgusted me and pissed me off.  I realize he is not the 2nd comming of Joe Montana and I know he was never able to take us to the playoffs but to say "see ya buddy, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" and "I'm so glad to see that bum go, now I can finally get a good nights rest" is just appauling and makes me ashamed to call some of you fellow fans. 

Drew has been nothing but professional since becomming our starting signal caller and he has added excitement and hope to a team withtout any big name QB since Jim Kelly.  Yes he was a statue in the pocket, yes he had a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long and sometimes he tried too hard to make a big play, but he gave 100% of his heart on every snap he ever took and he deserves to be sent off with the highest degree of respect and appreciation possible.  To me, Bledsoe embodies everything that the Buffalo Bills stand for.  A true blue collar worker who gives his upmost effort on every play and who is as much a team player as anyone I have ever seen.  Never greedy, he has always been willing to do whatever it takes to help out the team...restructure his contract, sit on the bench behind tom brady while keeping his mouth shut (yeah I know that was in foxboro but it just adds to the point I am trying to build)... he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart. 

I'm not saying Bledsoe deserves to be our starting QB.  That is a debatable point and I know there are always two sides to every coin.  But please atleast show him the same love and appreciation that he has shown us by letting him bow out graciously while telling him thank you and goodluck whever your path may take you.  I will always think of Drew as a tough as nails QB, much like Jim Kelly and I am proud to say that he played for the Buffalo Bills.  If he were to decide to retire a Bill, he would only add to the long list of classy and first-rate players who have already done so.  Thank you Drew for making me remember why I love the Buffalo Bills......

John

237114[/snapback]

A little mushy, but ditto John! I can't really think of another Bills player I had a better feeling about rooting for. It may not all work out in the end, but the effort was there...

Maybe we can make the playoffs now. #1 in turnovers, #1 in defensive/special teams TDs, #2 in defense, best special teams in the NFL, Willis, Lee, Eric and we still cant win a game when it counts. Turn the page and lets move forward!

A little mushy, but ditto John!  I can't really think of another Bills player I had a better feeling about rooting for.  It may not all work out in the end, but the effort was there...

237131[/snapback]

Yeah, I love the way he gave maximum effort....like staying in Buffalo all offseason to work with the coaches and receivers. Being big on Film study and breaking down opponents tendencies.

His maximum effort showed up on Gameday. :P

Yeah, I love the way he gave maximum effort....like staying in Buffalo all offseason to work with the coaches and receivers.  Being big on Film study and breaking down opponents tendencies.

His maximum effort showed up on Gameday.  :P

237138[/snapback]

A true fan backs every player, good or bad. If you don't like him, fine, thats your right to have your own opinion but atleast show a little bit of class and support the players. I hope JP has a great year next season and I hope we win the superbowl, but if the kid falls flat on his face and we don't go to the playoffs for the next 5 years that won't bother me one bit. I'll still support the kid and I'll never publically call him out but I'll smile to myself thinking of all the fans who have annointed him our saviour. The fact of the matter is that if every player played with as much heart and effort as Bledsoe we would be one of the best teams in the nfl. If his family is all the way across the nation and he wants to spend half of the offseason with them, thats fine with me. Unless you have had a sit down heart to heart talk with him and you know why he does what he does, you don't have a damn right in the world to question him. He is a veteren and a very good player and I'm sure he kept himself conditioned and in great shape in Washington. I never once heard a single coach or player call him out for not spending 100% of the offseason in Buffalo. If you can find a quote where someone who is credible (that means someone other then you) called him out, please copy and paste it. thank you for taking the time to read this post.

john

He deserves no more of a sendoff than Rob Johnson.

Aside from a few games here and there, the Bledsoe experiment was a failure. Yes, his name brought credibility to this franchise, but to say he was a leader on the field and off it is completely assenine. He rarely accepted his share of the blame after a loss, especially when his poor play was a major contributing factor. His consistent stubborness in the pocket proved to be a death sentence for the offense and his "this is my team" rants were pretty pathetic.

He had a great opportunity to resurrect his career, with coaches and front office personnel who were committed to him -- but he proved that he simply does not have it.

I think Pat Williams (if he leaves) deserves a better sendoff than Drew.

he was a leader on and off the field, with his arm and with his heart. 

237114[/snapback]

A true fan backs every player, good or bad.  If you don't like him, fine, thats your right to have your own opinion but atleast show a little bit of class and support the players.  I hope JP has a great year next season and I hope we win the superbowl, but if the kid falls flat on his face and we don't go to the playoffs for the next 5 years that won't bother me one bit.  I'll still support the kid and I'll never publically call him out but I'll smile to myself thinking of all the fans who have annointed him our saviour.  The fact of the matter is that if every player played with as much heart and effort as Bledsoe we would be one of the best teams in the nfl.  If his family is all the way across the nation and he wants to spend half of the offseason with them, thats fine with me.  Unless you have had a sit down heart to heart talk with him and you know why he does what he does, you don't have a damn right in the world to question him.  He is a veteren and a very good player and I'm sure he kept himself conditioned and in great shape in Washington.  I never once heard a single coach or player call him out for not spending 100% of the offseason in Buffalo.  If you can find a quote where someone who is credible (that means someone other then you) called him out, please copy and paste it.  thank you for taking the time to read this post.

john

237147[/snapback]

His performance on the field dictates my feelings...him being a standup great guy is not my issue with him.

This is strictly a football issue with me and many others. Bledsoe said at the end of the season..."This is my team".

You make statements like that....you'd better be playing your ass off and coming up big in critical situations....we know that he has not.

Any other issue is meaningless..CYA Drew!

He deserves no more of a sendoff than Rob Johnson.

Aside from a few games here and there, the Bledsoe experiment was a failure. Yes, his name brought credibility to this franchise, but to say he was a leader on the field and off it is completely assenine. He rarely accepted his share of the blame after a loss, especially when his poor play was a major contributing factor. His consistent stubborness in the pocket proved to be a death sentence for the offense and his "this is my team" rants were pretty pathetic.

He had a great opportunity to resurrect his career, with coaches and front office personnel who were committed to him -- but he proved that he simply does not have it.

I think Pat Williams (if he leaves) deserves a better sendoff than Drew.

237149[/snapback]

[/quot

If that is your opionin then fine. But i hope you would show the class not to call Drew a "bum" in public. He represented the Buffalo organization and he represented it with class. If you have any yourself then perhaps you will atleast give him his due respect.

john

If that is your opionin then fine.  But i hope you would show the class not to call Drew a "bum" in public.  He represented the Buffalo organization and he represented it with class.  If you have any yourself then perhaps you will atleast give him his due respect.

john

Are you as sappy about Pucillo, Lindell and Henry as you are Drew? They get bashed almost as much and the 3 of them combine have not blown as many games for us as Drew

Are you as sappy about Pucillo, Lindell and Henry as you are Drew?  They get bashed almost as much and the 3 of them combine have not blown as many games for us as Drew

237156[/snapback]

you damn right i am. i have never once blasted a bills player in public and i never will. if you think you can do a better job then any of the above mentioned player, then fine, strap on a helmet and show up at tryouts. if not, then keep your mouth shut because anything you have to say about a rookie prospect aka JP LOSSman is pure speculation at this point........need i remind you that it was stated as a fact that he was not preparing himself for game time this year..and yes, this is after he was fully healed from his injury

The problem with Drew in my opinion is he had so much talent, he never worked on his game in the off season. He went to Montana & did the family thing instead of trying to improve himself. This is why he can throw the deep ball great (talent), but has a difficult time reading defences, and throwing the short ball ( how many of those do you remember landing in the dirt or at the ankles of receivers ).

If that is your opionin then fine. But i hope you would show the class not to call Drew a "bum" in public. He represented the Buffalo organization and he represented it with class. If you have any yourself then perhaps you will atleast give him his due respect.

john

237153[/snapback]

Are you NJSue????? :P;)

Are you as sappy about Pucillo, Lindell and Henry as you are Drew?  They get bashed almost as much and the 3 of them combine have not blown as many games for us as Drew

237156[/snapback]

I really don't think you want to go there with that.....Henry alone lost more games for the bills than bledsoe did, and lindell?.....are you serious?

I have come to the realization that Bledsoe is done here and I am fine with that as he severely underperformed - no doubt - but henry? Are you kidding? Did you not notice the severe spike in WINS when Henry left the line up?

henry, as much of a "warrior" people made him out to be did not do much. I don't care how tough your are if you lack the intelligence and savvy to play effective football you are a liability and cannot contribute to a winning. Flat out henry cost us games by simply playing.