[closed]Why a Cassel start wold be a bad thing for the Bills

KingRex

Simply because it sends a message to the players that in a contest which the HC says will be decided by play on the field that I does not matte if you produce the highest QB rating possible on the field sucking up to the brass is the key to getting the start.

In fact also providing the dynamism Tyler did in his appearances is outweighed by sucking up to the brass.

Picking Cassel simply sends a horrible message.

If Cassel is named the starter, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a large number of fans in attendance don't boo either when he's announced or when he takes the field.

Cassel, to me, is a guy that they eek into the playoffs with. TT & EJ make them a contender.

I said this in another thread but it bears saying again:

I have no idea how anyone can watch the last three preseason games and expect Cassel to start.

Cassel, in both games dinked and dunked his way for a few first downs, but no points. It was like a painful reminder of last year. Yesterday Cassel wasn't just the one with the fewest points, we was the one with worse yards per attempt, worst overall yards and, most importantly, worst accuracy %.

Again, worst accuracy %. The whole premise behind Cassel is that he was the safe option, that he could be the most accurate one to deliver the ball to our skill players. That narrative needs to die.

I wanted to start a thread about it but I guess this as good a place as any.

Is there anyone who wants cassel? In a prefer him over the other 2 kind of way? After watching the preseason and reading practice reports I just can't see anyone having Hine as their number 1.

I said this in another thread but it bears saying again:

I have no idea how anyone can watch the last three preseason games and expect Cassel to start.

Cassel, in both games dinked and dunked his way for a few first downs, but no points. It was like a painful reminder of last year. Yesterday Cassel wasn't just the one with the fewest points, we was the one with worse yards per attempt, worst overall yards and, most importantly, worst accuracy %.

Again, worst accuracy %. The whole premise behind Cassel is that he was the safe option, that he could be the most accurate one to deliver the ball to our skill players. That narrative needs to die.

Great post, you've said it all. It's a reincarnation of Trent Edwards. ABC

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.