Predict our WR group week 1

FireChan

Easley is safe as a specisl teamer.

He's also a half way decent depth WR as we saw today.

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Hogan

Easley

Thompson

Goodwin has a ton of potential, a great dude, big play waiting to happen.(very Harvin like player) I just don't think he can be as consistent(and stay healthy in this league) as the other guys have shown that ability and you don't cut a promising guy like Thompson.

Goodwin's so damn fragile though.

I think both Goodwin and Easley locked up their spots today. That last spot is still Hogan to me but a battle for sure.

Agreed.

Depending on how serious Goodwin's ribs are, maybe use the IR-designated return on him and keep both Hogan and Thompson. That way we can trade one of our better receivers rather than cut them.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

We can keep 7 receivers. OP is spot on with first 6. The 7th receiver will be Hogan. So then what...Taylor number 1, EJ 2, Cassel cut, Simms practice squad. We may keep 2 kickers again to. Im concerned about carpenters groin he was off today but maybe a little more time is needed.

I wonder if Easley has any trade value?

He's signed for two years at not much money and has been a ST stud for the past 2-3 years. That might be a nice package for a team that could even play him as the 4-5 wide receiver.

I'd take a conditional fouth for him and let Hogan take his gunner role....

Lurker - Thank God you're not the Bills GM. :thumbdown:

Lurker - Thank God you're not the Bills GM. :thumbdown:

Yep, I agree. Soon as I write that Easley has his best game as a Bill :bag:

Even so, IMO he'd still bring good value if it comes down to exploring the trade route as opposed to Hogan, Thompson or Davis being the 6th WR (if the staff think a DB could play the gunner role)...

Yep, I agree. Soon as I write that Easley has his best game as a Bill :bag:

Even so, IMO he'd still bring good value if it comes down to exploring the trade route as opposed to Hogan, Thompson or Davis being the 6th WR (if the staff think a DB could play the gunner role)...

Easley has looked good all summer as a WR. The best thing about that is that we may be able to wait for Goodwin and Hogan to recover if he can play #4.