Predict our WR group week 1

FireChan

Not going to make another list.....but, I think, Harvin at $6mil per might get cut. Cutting Cassell at $6mil and Harvin would give $12 for Mr Big Stuff.

But we have Dareus under contract this year. If Harvin does get cut for Dareus, we would only need to do it next year.

Given that Harvin's contract makes it unlikely that he will be with the Bills beyond this year, I think that the Bills should "take advantage" of Hogan's injury and put him on IR (if possible). It would be nice not to have to cut Goodwin, Davis, and/or Thompson. I presume Easley makes the team because of ST.

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Hogan

Easley

Thompson

Goodwin has a ton of potential, a great dude, big play waiting to happen.(very Harvin like player) I just don't think he can be as consistent(and stay healthy in this league) as the other guys have shown that ability and you don't cut a promising guy like Thompson.

This thread kind of depresses me because we're gong to lose a receiver or two that I would like to keep.

Then again, I'm happy we actually have real NFL caliber competition at a position.

If the talk about Thompson is true, then Whaley might end up trading one of them for depth we need elsewhere (see TE, middle LB) or maybe a low round draft pick.

Harvin is absolutely playing for us this year.

I'm struggling between Hogan and Thompson for the sixth spot. Thompson has been better in TC and preseason, but our WR coach loves Hogan.

If Hogan's healthy he's a far more proven player than Thompson yet with injury concerns in the top 3 I think you keep the healthy guy.

Edited by The Jokeman

(I can't believe that I cut Easley)

I wonder if Easley has any trade value?

He's signed for two years at not much money and has been a ST stud for the past 2-3 years. That might be a nice package for a team that could even play him as the 4-5 wide receiver.

I'd take a conditional fouth for him and let Hogan take his gunner role....