Cousins might start season opener

ALF

The Redskins are planning on starting Kirk Cousins at quarterback in their regular-season opener against the Dolphins, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini

Report: Several Washington offensive linemen dislike RG3

Think about what the Redskins gave up for him.

Was listening to Jim Rome for a bit yesterday, Rome was just going OFF about Rg. Both barrels, full force, mocking Grueden and RG and the whole situation in general. Redskins are a joke with Bob Griffen back there. Time to cut bait.

Edited by mastershake

When I watched their last game, it looked like the linemen weren't even trying to block for him...

True. They may have been under orders from Gruden, who's likely playing Griffin only because Snyder told him he must.

Cousins is a good quarterback. He has to learn to not self destruct once he makes a mistake.

I think the Skins are stuck with him too. If he gets injured, that $16M for 16 becomes guaranteed

If he gets injured, maybe. But of all of the money they have set for him in 2016, not a dime is guaranteed, and they would have zero dead money cutting him. If they really are going to bench him, I'm pretty sure he gets cut the second the league year is over.

If they do...honestly, I think it would be worth taking a sniff. Gruden is trying to make RGIII a traditional drop back passer, and he's doing it with O-line play that makes ours last year look incredible. He definitely has talent. We saw it his rookie year, and then his coaching staff bungled it every resulting step of the way. Maybe the damage is too extreme to be recovered. But when our options look like ours right now, I'd pay Orton money to take a shot.

he tweets Bible verses then treats people like ****

Treats them like the Pats? Huh?

True. They may have been under orders from Gruden, who's likely playing Griffin only because Snyder told him he must.

Cousins is a good quarterback. He has to learn to not self destruct once he makes a mistake.

Wasn't he hit like 7 of 9 drops?

Think about what the Redskins gave up for him.

Yeah, The Bills front office was asleep at the wheel on that one. Imagine how set we'd be now at QB if only they had the balls to put together a better package and move up ahead of the Skins.

I've been listening to a lot of DC sports talk lately, and it sounds like RG3's done. Let's just say EJ's coverage has been glowing by comparison. A lot of experts are surprisingly high on Cousins. Shanahan said he's got a big future in the NFL.

There is in regret though.

:lol: Edited by Rob's House

Yeah, The Bills front office was asleep at the wheel on that one. Imagine how set we'd be now at QB if only they had the balls to put together a better package and move up ahead of the Skins.

I know I read a few threads back then about how the Bills just don't care and lack the balls to be great. I would ask those folks to take a bow now but I think they said they were so done with this team. Edited by PromoTheRobot