EJ - Trade Bait?

Virgil

If they are starting him in the "all important" third pre-season game just to "showcase" him for trade bait, then either

1. the coaches are idiots for wasting the opportunity to get the starters better prepared or

2. The offense, and QB that does start are way better, and further ahead than any of us think.

I lean toward they actually are giving him a chance.

If they are starting him in the "all important" third pre-season game just to "showcase" him for trade bait, then either

1. the coaches are idiots for wasting the opportunity to get the starters better prepared or

2. The offense, and QB that does start are way better, and further ahead than any of us think.

I lean toward they actually are giving him a chance.

Rex said he doesn't see the 3rd preseason game as any more important than the first 2. And they are all getting 1st team reps so they aren't "wasting time" getting the starter ready, especially since the only other starters out there will be the OL, and maybe Clay.

Season needs to start already.... This is simple. Politically Rex needs to develop the young prospect. The other two each got their starts with the ones. Manuel earned his with a strong finish in the last game and in part because there hasn't been as drastic a separation between these guys in practice.

No NFL GM is going to make a trade for EJ based on him starting and playing well in this preseason game. If a team is going to try and trade for him it will be based on his entire resume of college and NFL experience to this point. No team is going to need to see him start one more time in a meaningless preseason game without his top RBs and WRs. This line of thinking is silly to me.

Don't you know that Tebow just wins. And he has one of the highest 4th qtr QBRs ever.

Which proves that QBR is a flawed rating system.

Also, I don't need to remind you that the score during the first 3 quarters also counts.

I agree with billsfan_34, I wouldn't trade anyone on our roster for Tebow... including EJ

Which proves that QBR is a flawed rating system.

Also, I don't need to remind you that the score during the first 3 quarters also counts.

I agree with billsfan_34, I wouldn't trade anyone on our roster for Tebow... including EJ

After all these years you guys still can't recognize Tebow sarcasm?