That doesn't apply to me Episode #235

why not just wash your own in the garage? i've done that before in the winter when in ohio. no one would ever know.

Well to be honest it's not because of the drought. It's because of two things. 1) I'm cheap. 2)I'm lazy.

In Los Angeles, everyone would know because it only takes a day before your clean car is covered in goop.

I had a black car down there. Big mistake. I have a silver car now and it hides the dirt quite well acutally

I have to go silver next time I guess. Went blue this time -- just as bad as black in terms of showing the LA grime.

And I'm one of the few people in the world that has room in his two car garage for two cars. And I also park in a garage at work.

In Los Angeles, everyone would know because it only takes a day before your clean car is covered in goop.

If people accuse you of washing your car, just tell them that you used all of the pre-moistened towelettes you've been saving up from all your visits to Red Lobster over the years.

On a side note, I saw where they've solved the water shortage in Nevada by tunneling UNDER the bottom of Lake Meade to bring the water into the system to feed Vegas et al. You see the drastically low lake level was about to drop below the current intake ports.

So now they'll be able to drain the lake completely. Brilliant! Water shortage be damned. I wonder what they plan for an encore.

What has been interesting to watch, at least in my neighborhood, is how diligent everyone has been to ensure everyone else is reducing water use. They use Facebook to alert of leaks, etc.

There was a water main break up here a couple weeks ago and the neighborhood residents were scooping up water in buckets and using it to water their plants.

There was a water main break up here a couple weeks ago and the neighborhood residents were scooping up water in buckets and using it to water their plants.

People here are taking buckets into the shower with them to catch runoff, and using it to water stuff as well.

People here are taking buckets into the shower with them to catch runoff, and using it to water stuff as well.

That's what we do. We very rarely use our hose. We have drought resistant plants in front and use the water we catch in the shower to water my tomatoes out back. Funny I asked my wife is our water bill has dropped. Nope, they've raised the rates.

Oh and it's good to see you folks in SoCal are stepping up. You guys sucked. Many communities down there have sucked and actually increased water usage this year. :D

That's what we do. We very rarely use our hose. We have drought resistant plants in front and use the water we catch in the shower to water my tomatoes out back. Funny I asked my wife is our water bill has dropped. Nope, they've raised the rates.

Oh and it's good to see you folks in SoCal are stepping up. You guys sucked. Many communities down there have sucked and actually increased water usage this year. :D

My July usage was a 63% drop over 2013. I went from 53 units (one unit = 748 gallons) down to 19.

However 19 units is just over the newly established allowable amount for my property, so after dropping my water usage by almost double the required amount, I still get fined $10 in addition to my bill.

So you have to wonder; if they would prefer I kept my water usage to 18 units or less, but let me use 52 units every month without question, who in the state was preparing for a drought? I could have easily dropped my usage in half BEFORE the drought.

But heaven forbid the SoProgs running this state had the forethought to prepare.