Steelers Sign Michael Vick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a thread on the FF forum about this exact thing. I have the #1 overall pick in my draft (it's 8/31). I (reluctantly) was going to go with Bell. But now with the Pouncey injury I'm not sure. Who do I go with, if not him?

It is a QB driven league. Rodgers all the way

I thought I read he said he wasn't built for playing in Buffalo weather because of his small hands. Is Pittsburgh weather so much different from Buffalo?

Pittsburgh isn't as rough in the winter. Not as much snow and the wind's not blowing across the Great Lakes onto Pittsburgh

Bills should have worked him out

i wouldn't have been upset if they did but I guess I see these two situations as extremely different. The Steelers are signing him as a clear cut backup, insurance policy for Ben, and didn't do so until one of their backups got hurt. No "starting QB needy" teams were interested. If we brought him here he would have been in place of Simms in the 4th QB spot and he's not practice squad eligible. What's the point there. If he was brought in to replace ej or cassel then he's considered as part of the starting competition and clearly no other team thinks he can start anymore or he'd be signed.

i thought the rule of thumb was always take your RBs first?

Anyone else's iPhone always autocorrect RBs to "Arabs"? Really annoying.

Our league gives QBs 6 points for TDs so they're value is a little higher....Luck and Rodgers go in the $40 range

Pederson.

I think he might have a huge year.

Found guilty? Was Ben ever charged with a crime?

IIRC, his first accuser was charged with stalking or something similar. Her story was pretty much proven as a total fabrication.

Getting a kick from the Facebook reaction of Steelers fans with the signing of Michael Vick. I know Big Ben was never even charged with any crimes, but I didn't see the vitriol towards him when the allegations emerged...in fact fans flocked to his defense. I'm enjoying the meltdown