Manhertz signed by Saints

YoloinOhio

The basketball player from Canisius who the Bills had in camp and just cut. Will be interesting to watch!

@JoelAErickson: New Orleans signs tight end Chris Manhertz to replace Michael Egnew

He is a great practice squad candidate IMO. Especially now that the PS has been expanded to 10. It's the perfect place to stash a great athlete with limited football experience.

Antonio Gates was a basketball player from Kent that had terrific physical attributes that were developed. Maybe somewhere down the road Manhertz can develop his physical talents and become a good football player. He seems to have the desire and work ethic to give it a good go. I wish him the best and give credit to New Orleans for their wide ranging search for talent.

Antonio Gates was a basketball player from Kent that had terrific physical attributes that were developed. Maybe somewhere down the road Manhertz can develop his physical talents and become a good football player. He seems to have the desire and work ethic to give it a good go. I wish him the best and give credit to New Orleans for their wide ranging search for talent.

its possible that Rex called his brother down in NO and told him about Manhertz. The Bills deserve credit for finding him - not many NFL teams are scouting canisius college basketball players - and now even though he didn't make the team he got on the radar of other NFL teams and will get a chance as long as he deserves one. Cool story and kudos to the Bills for finding him. Edited by YoloinOhio

its possible that Rex called his brother down in NO and told him about Manhertz. The Bills deserve credit for finding him - not many NFL teams are scouting canisius college basketball players - and now even though he didn't make the team he got on the radar of other NFL teams and will get a chance as long as he deserves one. Cool story and kudos to the Bills for finding him.

I didn't consider the brother connection. Excellent observation. If he makes the practice squad then his potential as a player will be recognized. It's still a long journey for him but it will be an interesting story to follow.