Fear the Walking Dead.

Nervous Guy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to when the junkie, Johnny Depp wannabe brother gets eaten. I can't stand him already. That and the thought of a zombie Edward Scissorhands walking around makes for a great show.

I liked it too. It's only a 6 show season so they will be getting right to it next episode from what I'm hearing. But it's fun to watch thinking the whole time that Rick is sitting in a coma at the hospital while this all goes down.

The made me wonder how the survivors of the main show could possibly have not been aware that all the dead wind up turning even if not bitten. Rick, I get because of that coma, but the rest should have seen plenty of it by that point. Rick only knew what Morgan told him.

The made me wonder how the survivors of the main show could possibly have not been aware that all the dead wind up turning even if not bitten. Rick, I get because of that coma, but the rest should have seen plenty of it by that point. Rick only knew what Morgan told him.

Good point. Unless nobody in their group died without being bitten prior to Rick taking out Shane? They could've just been on the run without seeing anyone die "naturally".

I didnt like how the original walking dead didnt give more of a biuld up to the melt down off the world and I like how this show is tieing it in and doing some good charactor biulding..........

Man.....the horror that is the parents of a junkie

I detest that word....as a parent of an addict in recovery...I'm not getting on any high horse here, and not getting on your case John. Just let me tell you it was very accurate, and really hit home...kudos to them for an accurate portrayal. Don't mean to hijack or close out the thread...good news is he's 14 months clean! Please continue...(I'm secretly rooting for that kid to become the hero).

I detest that word....as a parent of an addict in recovery...I'm not getting on any high horse here, and not getting on your case John. Just let me tell you it was very accurate, and really hit home...kudos to them for an accurate portrayal. Don't mean to hijack or close out the thread...good news is he's 14 months clean! Please continue...(I'm secretly rooting for that kid to become the hero).

First of all.....let me apologize if that word was offending to you....I want you to know that in real life I dont consider that to be any laughing matter.

I mostly brought that up because I really felt the pain in the scene where the mom was sitting next to her sons hospital bed and started crying.

It frankly hits home to me as well as I am a student advisor and I see it......all of it.

Connotation's a funny thing. To me, I never liked the word "addict," as it implied a lack of control over one's situation and was thus inhibitory (in principle, at least).

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear he's 14 months clean and doing well. If I ever meet him, beer's on me (root beer, of course. I'm not that big an !@#$ that I'd buy a recovering user a real beer. And birch beer? !@#$ that swill...)

First of all.....let me apologize if that word was offending to you....I want you to know that in real life I dont consider that to be any laughing matter.

I mostly brought that up because I really felt the pain in the scene where the mom was sitting next to her sons hospital bed and started crying.

It frankly hits home to me as well as I am a student advisor and I see it......all of it.

Not really directly at you John, I know you're a good guy...sorry for the reaction. That was a really powerful part of the episode...glad others felt it as well.

Not really directly at you John, I know you're a good guy...sorry for the reaction. That was a really powerful part of the episode...glad others felt it as well.

It's good they got that right, too. Wouldn't want a zombie series to be unrealistic...

Edited by DC Tom

Connotation's a funny thing. To me, I never liked the word "addict," as it implied a lack of control over one's situation and was thus inhibitory (in principle, at least).

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear he's 14 months clean and doing well. If I ever meet him, beer's on me (root beer, of course. I'm not that big an !@#$ that I'd buy a recovering user a real beer. And birch beer? !@#$ that swill...)

Yeah...I hate addict too...even when he calls himself one. Thanks Tom, maybe at a future tailgate!

It's good that got that right, too. Wouldn't want a zombie series to be unrealistic...

I think that's what might make this as good as TWD, people living normal everyday lives then BAM, the unbelievable happens...with TWD the story started with everyone knowing about the reality of zombies and how to survive.

Watched the premiere last night. Very well done I thought, and it got me thinking -- in the original TWD why did they ever believe someone had to be bitten to turn? I mean, how did they think it started?

Trying to figure out who I think will live and who will die out of the "main" family. I'm predicting the daughter goes pretty early on but the son will wind up being a major, long-term character.

Watched the premiere last night. Very well done I thought, and it got me thinking -- in the original TWD why did they ever believe someone had to be bitten to turn? I mean, how did they think it started?

Trying to figure out who I think will live and who will die out of the "main" family. I'm predicting the daughter goes pretty early on but the son will wind up being a major, long-term character.

I just started rewatching TWD last night...the first person to tell Rick what was going on is Morgan, told him if he gets bitten or scratched, he'll get a fever, die then turn...that's what happened to Morgans wife. Later when Rick first encounters the group in Atlanta, they are smearing walker blood on their clothes to fake out walkers, he tells them not to get blood on skin or eyes...much later they figure out everyone is infected with a virus and you turn when you die even if it doesn't involve walker bite.

I just started rewatching TWD last night...the first person to tell Rick what was going on is Morgan, told him if he gets bitten or scratched, he'll get a fever, die then turn...that's what happened to Morgans wife. Later when Rick first encounters the group in Atlanta, they are smearing walker blood on their clothes to fake out walkers, he tells them not to get blood on skin or eyes...much later they figure out everyone is infected with a virus and you turn when you die even if it doesn't involve walker bite.

The guy who tells Rick that everyone is infected is the doc at the CDC -- he whispers it to him right before they escape the explosion. Remember when he took blood samples from all of them when they arrived? They think it's for him to confirm they aren't infected, but when they ask him about the blood he says, "I didn't find any surprises." He knew they'd be infected and was hoping he might see that one or more of them actually have a resistance to the infection. That dashed his last hope, which is why he was resigned to accept his fate and die in the explosion.