Ashley Madison leak -- the fallout begins

truth on hold

holy f***, how the f*** did God forgive him??? what a crock of ****

This may come as a surprise to you, but God is actually in the forgiveness business.

If you're thinking this guy is not genuine in his confession, and is lying to get out of trouble, that's a different discussion. But to wonder how God could forgive him? You should look into some of the people God has forgiven. Saul of Tarsus is a pretty good place to start.

If you don't believe in God, I get how the concept wouldn't work for you, but if you think you do, asking JTSP about it is like asking Oprah where she hid the HoHos.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may come as a surprise to you, but God is actually in the forgiveness business.

Indeed. That is when HE isn't smiting, doling out HIS wrath and stuff. According to legend (er, The Bible) HE is capable of forgiveness and quite the opposite. I know you understand that, but I think it's important to mention, so we have a fair and balanced conversation.

What really kills me are Christians who are hateful and vengeful. For the most part, Christ was one loving and forgiving son-of-a-deity.

Indeed. That is when HE isn't smiting, doling out HIS wrath and stuff. According to legend (er, The Bible) HE is capable of forgiveness and quite the opposite. I know you understand that, but I think it's important to mention, so we have a fair and balanced conversation.

What really kills me are Christians who are hateful and vengeful. For the most part, Christ was one loving and forgiving son-of-a-deity.

Organized religion and politics are essentially domains of the hypocrites.

If you're thinking this guy is not genuine in his confession, and is lying to get out of trouble, that's a different discussion. But to wonder how God could forgive him? You should look into some of the people God has forgiven. Saul of Tarsus is a pretty good place to start.

If you don't believe in God, I get how the concept wouldn't work for you, but if you think you do, asking JTSP about it is like asking Oprah where she hid the HoHos.

errr not sure where the cheap shot at me comes from, but if you really think a God (he/she/it) keeps track of Ashley Madison accounts all I can say is "lol" ... make that multiple "lols" as it will keep me laughing for a while

Edited by JTSP

Or most likely fake and set up by owners. It appears you paid every time you sent someone a message, so only did these dolts use their email and CCs, they were most likely emailing some dude sitting in his drawers eating Doritos getting 50% commission for every $ he generated.

PT Barnum was a smart man.

I think this explains some of the photos

The man whose picture Josh Duggar stole for his Ashley Madison profile

To mask his OKCupid profile, Duggar used a photograph of Hollywood DJ Matthew James McCarthy, which Duggar supposedly found by Google Image searching "random guy".

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/the-man-whose-picture-josh-duggar-stole-for-his-ashley-madison-profile-20150823-gj611y.html#ixzz3jhw5Bdjc

And not exactly big names, but some more trickling out (2nd ones denial sounds like total BS)

Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton apologizes after Ashley Madison hack

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/23/us/ashley-madison-jeff-ashton/index.html?eref=rss_latest

Islamic preacher ‘named’ on the leaked list of Ashley Madison members

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/23/islamic-preacher-named-on-the-leaked-list-of-ashley-madison-members-5357180/#ixzz3jhwqLaEK

Edited by JTSP

Organized religion and politics are essentially domains of the hypocrites.

On this, we agree 100%.

Then again, who among us can deny some level of hypocrisy, at least in some matters.

errr not sure where the cheap shot at me comes from, but if you really think a God (he/she/it) keeps track of Ashley Madison accounts all I can say is "lol" ... make that multiple "lols" as it will keep me laughing for a while

I'm not sure how HE can possibly keep track of this petty stuff when HE has football games, baseball games, soccer matches, etc, to decide.

I saw this hack coming from Mr Robot.

Love Mr Robot

I'm not sure how HE can possibly keep track of this petty stuff when HE has football games, baseball games, soccer matches, etc, to decide.

Look here, GOD is making sure Jordy Nelson gets injured---right on schedule. Who are we to doubt?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/glover-quin-dont-blame-the-preseason-god-meant-for-jordy-nelson-to-get-hurt/

He must have another calling for Jordy.

Could be.

Or maybe they already had their fantasy football draft and Satan picked Jordy. That'll teach him!

Wow, stuff is getting weird with the Ashley Madison break.

Some bounty talk:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/08/ashleymadison-500k-bounty-for-hackers/

And allegations Ashley Madison execs were hacking computers:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/08/leaked-ashleymadison-emails-suggest-execs-hacked-competitors/

I think there's compelling evidence he's not a Bills fan

unconfirmed, but if true pretty sad

Two suicides linked to Ashley Madison leak

Edited by JTSP

wow ....

Ashley Madison Leak Reveals Its Ex-CTO Hacked Competing Site

According to an email exchange in November 2012, Ashley Madison’s one-time CTO told colleagues, including the CEO of parent company Avid Life Media, that he had found a security hole in the web site of Nerve.com and used it to exfiltrate the competitor’s entire database. He also indicated that he had the ability to alter records in the database.

“They did a very lousy job building their platform. I got their entire user base,” Raja Bhatia wrote Noel Biderman, CEO of Avid Life Media, Ashley Madison’s parent company, and Rizwan Jiwan, the company’s chief operating officer. “Also, I can turn any non paying user into a paying user, vice versa, compose messages between users, check unread stats, etc.”

“With what we inherited with Ashley[Madison.com], security was an obvious afterthought, and I didn’t focus on it either,” Bhatia wrote in an email in early 2012, months before he disclosed finding the vulnerability in Nerve.com’s web site. “I am pretty sure we stored passwords without any cryptography so a database leak would expose all account credentials.

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/ashley-madison-leak-reveals-ex-cto-hacked-competing-site/

Edited by JTSP

This is a really sad story on so many levels -- from the ridiculous proposition of creating such a site in the first place, the alarming number of people who place no value in the concept of monogamy and marriage, to the devastating (in some cases) consequences of a data breach such as this.

If the owners of this site don't take it down permanently it's shameful. Even though it's easy to place moral or ethical blame upon those who were members on the site, at the end of the day they were promised anonymity and I hope the owners face legal action for any tragic consequences.

On another note, isn't it sad (and predictable) that the excuse-of-the-day is "I was curious about the site so I signed up, but I never met anyone."

This is a really sad story on so many levels -- from the ridiculous proposition of creating such a site in the first place, the alarming number of people who place no value in the concept of monogamy and marriage, to the devastating (in some cases) consequences of a data breach such as this.

If the owners of this site don't take it down permanently it's shameful. Even though it's easy to place moral or ethical blame upon those who were members on the site, at the end of the day they were promised anonymity and I hope the owners face legal action for any tragic consequences.

On another note, isn't it sad (and predictable) that the excuse-of-the-day is "I was curious about the site so I signed up, but I never met anyone."

A similar tactic worked for Slick Willy when he was campaigning for prez. And if the internet/site had been around back then, he'd have been a charter member.

I think it is a sad , sad story.

However, I don't have a moral objection to it. Think like so many other things on the Internet , just took something people have been doing for thousands of years and automating it.

And based on what I have read, sounds like tje site was over 80% dudes, so I buy the claims of the guys who said they joined but never had an affair.

I actually I am more worried about all the .gov and .mil , as these are guys are obviously dolts for using their email.... Scary thought they are making our laws and running the military.