Can we judge Tyrod without skill position players...

GunnerBill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^This x1000.

You need to play with the player available. Can't say, "Well, if only we didn't have injuries." You play with what you got.

+ 1

Let's see him go 7 of 8 like Cassel!

Hit guys in stride, in the chest, between the numbers.

Consensus seems to be that we can. I generally agree I just think if he under performs there will be a lot of excuses thrown out there. Hopefully he shines.

Common man. Be positive. 6 touchdowns and 200 yards rushing is a good night for any quarterback.

Many of us have been of the view that Thursday's game is the big one in terms of Tyrod's chances of making it stick as our starting Quarterback... however, given that the injury bug has bitten hard this week on our remaining healthy backs and receivers and Rex himself has admitted we will be somewhat limited in what we can run how reasonable is it to judge Tyrod?

As things stand his likely "1st team" receivers on Thursday will be Hogan, Goodwin and Deonte Thompson which Hogan apart are the same second team guys he played with last Friday.

The running back position is even more depleted... his first team running back is likely to be either Bronson Hill or Thigpen back there. How well they can keep the down and distance manageable will have a big say in how much Tyrod is being asked to do.

I presume if Roman does have some multiple tight end plays we will see them on Thursday! Let's hope our tight ends catch the ball!

My question is given that supporting cast can we really make any kind of firm definitive decisions on Tyrod based on Thursday....?

Thoughts folks?

Tough position to be in! You would really hope we could determine who the better QB is, but, this situation is tough.

The media has been all over Tyrod as the fan favorite. And for a bit I couldn't figure it out, but I now think its just coming from the fact that we as Bills fans are so starved for a good QB, that collectively everyone's jumping on the "hell, he's not EJ" bandwagon. May the best QB win.

Well, I'm sure that the beat reporters will have it covered.

"Tyrod sacked but it would have been a huge gainer - perhaps for a touchdown if Sammy were in the game."

"Taylor badly missed a wide open Hogan that would have gone for big positive yards if he had a real number one in there."

"TT 1 for 20 tonight as Roman doggedly sticks with the passing game in spite of having two healthy RBs available."

"Tyrod continues to improve working on his reads, though he was forced to take several sacks because his protections broke down."

"Bills receivers and RBs not helping, but Tyrod takes command of the QB competition in spite of late flashes in the pan by other QBs."

"Writing on the wall, as Taylor goes 1 for 20, Cassel 6 for 8, and EJ 12 of 14. Rex to announce TT Week One starter and EJ being cut as early as this week?"

I, for one, loved this.

Sure. You can get a sense of his pocket presence under pressure. His ability to make good decisions, go through progressions and make things happen with his legs when the play breaks down. You can't hold the overall effectiveness of the offense against him though since he won't have all the weapons at his disposal. I would imagine they will keep the playcalling very simple. Pass protection and blitz pickup will be sketchy with 2 guys at RB who don't know the system (and aren't any good anyway).

Well, I'm sure that the beat reporters will have it covered.

"Tyrod sacked but it would have been a huge gainer - perhaps for a touchdown if Sammy were in the game."

"Taylor badly missed a wide open Hogan that would have gone for big positive yards if he had a real number one in there."

"TT 1 for 20 tonight as Roman doggedly sticks with the passing game in spite of having two healthy RBs available."

"Tyrod continues to improve working on his reads, though he was forced to take several sacks because his protections broke down."

"Bills receivers and RBs not helping, but Tyrod takes command of the QB competition in spite of late flashes in the pan by other QBs."

"Writing on the wall, as Taylor goes 1 for 20, Cassel 6 for 8, and EJ 12 of 14. Rex to announce TT Week One starter and EJ being cut as early as this week?"

Genius!!!!

Brady and Manning always make average receivers look great. We should expect the same of Tyrod.

Is Rex feeding EJ a lot of tough love to make him work extra hard to earn the #1 job?

Brady and Manning are 2 of the best QBs to ever play the game. To have the same expectations for Tyrod that you do for them is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

and no. I think Rex sees EJ as the 3rd best QB out of the 3. I don't think this is gamesmanship. I think it is truly Rex trying to pick a QB who helps him win.