How close was Kelly to becoming a Raven?

Comparing apples to oranges. Manning never overly relied on the strength of his arm, he always relied more on his mind. + there is no other QB that is as accurate in the history of the game the Manning from 20 yards & in. In addition, Kelly's football IQ is nowhere near Manning's football IQ. That is not a knock on JK either, it is just that Manning is that smart.

agreed, but Manning still needs arm strength. There's no way around it. It dwindled toward the end of the year last year. It'll do the same this year.

agreed, but Manning still needs arm strength. There's no way around it. It dwindled toward the end of the year last year. It'll do the same this year.

Agreed, & I think you will see more of a slip this year. He was pretty rotten at least by his standards the last 4-6 games of last season.

Agreed, & I think you will see more of a slip this year. He was pretty rotten at least by his standards the last 4-6 games of last season.

It's weird that I haven't seen any reports about Manning working on arm strength. There are things he could do to improve longevity there, but he probably doesn't care enough for that at this point in his career.

On the other hand, one of Eli Manning's goals this year is to improve arm strength. Maybe older brother is just passing some advice on to little brother.

As I recall, Kelly's last game was a playoff game against the Jags, which the Bills lost when the D couldn't hold a fourth quarter lead. I remember Kelly sitting on the ground after getting sacked, looking old, tired, and sore. He was done. He definitely got out at the right time.

Did anyone like Kelly as a commentator during the 4th quarter last game?

CBF

I had to laugh at how he introduced the topic of Phil Simms being discussed for the HOF like he was in favor of it.......and then said that he "wasn't great" but he was steady or something to that effect. Gotta' love JK. :lol: