Will the QB competition be over after the Browns game?

Since Manuel was named starter for the Blue and White scrimmage, and Cassel was named starter for the first preseason game vs the Panthers, now it’s Taylor’s turn to start vs the Browns. So, does that mean since each QB has been given starting reps with the one’s after this Thursday’s preseason game vs the Browns, the Bills will make their decision on who will be the Bills starting QB for the season? If so, will we see Cassel or Taylor as the Bills starting QB in the Bills third preseason game vs the Steelers?

With Matt Cassel, the Bills have a QB that will play it safe with short to immediate passes or otherwise known as the "dink and dunk" game. With Tyrod Taylor, the Bills have a QB that is mobile, can scramble to avoid the sack, stretch plays with his feet and can quickly run for yards. If Taylor continues to perform as well as he has been, he could have the starting QB position locked up after this week’s preseason game.

Rex did say the team will know, but the Colts (and everyone else) might not know up until Week 1 of the regular season.

Everyone will know because the No.1 QB takes all snaps in practice leading up to the game. No way they keep that secret.

Rex did say the team will know, but the Colts (and everyone else) might not know up until Week 1 of the regular season.

Unless they close all practices to the media after preseason game 3, I find it hard to believe that it won't be known who the starter is. Unless they're still splitting 1st team reps up until week 1, in which case :ph34r:

??

I remember Cassel coming out first in the scrimmage...it doesn't look like EJ will start anything.

Right now, I'm of the opinion that EJ is going to stay on this team because of the real possibility of either Cassel and Taylor sucking or getting hurt in regular season games.

I think there are signs that EJ is still developing and getting a little more comfortable with the NFL game. It will be crazy around here if Manuel plays great these last three preseason games. LOL

The Bills go into hiding at RWS after August 25 when camp breaks. They can easily keep their starting QB intentions unknown until they decide to reveal it to the public.

Yep. The only cameras that will see practice after that are the Bills'...and the Pats'** spy drone...

Right now, I'm of the opinion that EJ is going to stay on this team because of the real possibility of either Cassel and Taylor sucking or getting hurt in regular season games.

I think there are signs that EJ is still developing and getting a little more comfortable with the NFL game. It will be crazy around here if Manuel plays great these last three preseason games. LOL

If EJ comes in against the Browns' 2nd string, I expect him to have a good game. Maybe a really good game. The Browns aren't very deep and you saw how Justin Gilbert got abused by our receivers...

The Bills go into hiding at RWS after August 25 when camp breaks. They can easily keep their starting QB intentions unknown until they decide to reveal it to the public.

Did not know that. Thanks.