Easy View TV Box

Wooderson

Has anyone ever heard of this EasyView TV box? A buddy of mine apparently saw them at the Erie County Fair for $299.00. Apparently all you need is a Wi-Fi connection and you can get any channel that a regular cable box would get without the monthly fees.

http://easyviewtv.com/easyviewtv.html

The website is sketchy and I'm really unsure if it's legit.

Anybody have any info on the legitimacy of this product?

From the site:

The XBMC program is a publicly available media player and all the Addons found in the unit are from people who spent the time to find these links and have organized them for you in the Addons' repositories. Some links may not be functional or Are ‘dead’ links (just like In Google) or may have slow internet speeds

Don't waste your money.

Sounds like that infomercial I see every once in a while proclaiming "free tv" for life, insinuating you can cancel cable and get all the same channels, when in fact it is nothing but a cheap digital antenna.

Some poor schmoe is buying it I guess

From the site:

Don't waste your money.

Thanks.

Sounds like that infomercial I see every once in a while proclaiming "free tv" for life, insinuating you can cancel cable and get all the same channels, when in fact it is nothing but a cheap digital antenna.

Some poor schmoe is buying it I guess

Yeah, my buddy was talking about it at football practice today and I didn't buy it. Anything that sounds too good to be true, usually is.