Kujo was pretty good Friday night

eball

I just rewatched a bit of the game and was impressed with Kujo's aggression in the run game. He was dominating the Carolina front. Down on the goal line he got low and was the key to both TD runs.

He may not beat out Henderson to start at RT but that's some great depth.

I just rewatched a bit of the game and was impressed with Kujo's aggression in the run game. He was dominating the Carolina front. Down on the goal line he got low and was the key to both TD runs.

Miller could turn out to be the best value pick in this draft for us. He has demonstrated even at this very early stage that he is not overwhelmed by the pro game and that he can become an immediate credible starter. With the addition of Incognito our guard play has dramatically improved from last year. It should elevate the play of the linemen playing next to them.

Getting credible qbing play was the most important issue for this team to address in the offseason. Next in priority was improving the OL in starting talent but also in depth (as you smartly noted). So far it appears that the front office accomplished what they had to do to address that critical OL problem.

I might be harping on this too much, bit Roman has a track record of heavy used of unbalanced/ heavy sets. I see no problem with having a close fought match with CK and Seantrel. Whoever loses out should still get quality playing time.

I watched the game again last night too. Kujo looked good - but the stand out in run blocking far and away was Miller. Miller should cause every Bills fan to stare out at at nothing with a grin on our face so people are saying "whats he looking at and grinning about"?

I watched the game again last night too. Kujo looked good - but the stand out in run blocking far and away was Miller. Miller should cause every Bills fan to stare out at at nothing with a grin on our face so people are saying "whats he looking at and grinning about"?

lol

I might be harping on this too much, bit Roman has a track record of heavy used of unbalanced/ heavy sets. I see no problem with having a close fought match with CK and Seantrel. Whoever loses out should still get quality playing time.

Agreed. It blew my mind last year that we never considered giving him even a couple of those lee smith reps (or anyone else when we had tough decisions on gameday actives) getting a swing tackle out there seemed so common sense. I know there were several of us harping on it.

it's always hard to gauge how the offensive line does when you are at the game watching unless they give up a sack or something. i'd have to watch the tape to see for sure, but i liked what i saw from everyone. it seemed like there was time to throw and i liked how quick and athletic they seemed on some of the sweep plays. i saw a few good trap plays which got me excited. now, if we can just get McCoy to hit the hole instead of dancing like CJ Spiller then we might be in business! but i loved Karlos Williams. imo he just made Boobie Dixon obsolete

The upgrades we have made at guard are going to be a huge difference from last year. It will be fun to watch run plays where the interior line isn't automatically pushed 2 yards back off the snap. Agree Miller looked fantastic. He is noticeably short, but it didn't seem to matter one bit.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/15/grades-for-panthers-bills/

Buffalo Bills

–Cryus Kouandjio came up with the grade of the night for the Bills putting together an overall performance of +3.2. That’s quite a turnaround from last preseason where he couldn’t put together a positively graded performance.

–Bryce Brown was the most impressive of all the running backs on Friday. He had a +1.7 grade and really ran well once McCoy’s night was over.

–Tyrod Taylor’s performance drew quite a bit of praise, and rightfully so. He still needs to be more consistent as a passer however, as his good plays were offset with some of his poorer throws, ultimately earning an overall grade of +0.7.

Top 5 Graded Players

Cyrus Kouandjio (+3.2)

John Miller (+2.3)

Randell Johnson (+2.0)

Mario Butler (+2.0)

Ron Brooks (+1.9)

Edited by CNY315