• Webb
    • Chaffee
    • Biden
    • Gore
    • Kerry
    • Warren
    • Other

Correct.

I am in favor of a truly voluntary tax, in the form of a national sales tax. It's the only form of taxation which does not subjugate the individual to the state at the barrel of a gun.

Self ownership.

A man cannot be said to own himself, or the fruits of his labor, if he is subjugated to the state at the behest of those who would make unjust claims of him.

A national sales tax would still be mandatory, and there would be no way to avoid it outside of the unrealistic (buying absolutely nothing, or being one of the few farmers), no?

A national sales tax would still be mandatory, and there would be no way to avoid it outside of the unrealistic (buying absolutely nothing, or being one of the few farmers), no?

The national sales tax, as I advocate for it, has exemptions for food, clothing, and healthcare.

Gotchya.

Under this system, do individuals get to control what programs their tax dollars go to?

I would advocate for the suspension of most top-down federal programs and agencies, as well as most foreign aid, and federal funding and subsidy.

I would also advocate an end to all birth right citizenship, mandating testing for anyone eligible for citizenship who is seeking the franchise, with either completion of a four year military tour, or property or business ownership as a pre-requisite; regardless of lineage. The franchise would be restricted to citizens only, under the conditions I have just described.

I would advocate for the suspension of most top-down federal programs and agencies, as well as most foreign aid, and federal funding and subsidy.

I would also advocate an end to all birth right citizenship, mandating testing for anyone eligible for citizenship who is seeking the franchise, with either completion of a four year military tour, or property or business ownership as a pre-requisite; regardless of lineage. The franchise would be restricted to citizens only, under the conditions I have just described.

Interesting. I'd be curious to see how all of that would turn out for a country our size. Or would states effectively become their own countries, bound only by the military and a common currency?

Interesting. I'd be curious to see how all of that would turn out for a country our size. Or would states effectively become their own countries, bound only by the military and a common currency?

Bingo.

America is far too large, and culturally diverse, to be bound by a massive top down system. It creates disharmony between citizens, and leads to a condition, like the one we have now, where individual citizens have no voice, because their government is too insulated from them. Individuals have much greater control over their local and state governments, and as such, that's where most government should be.

It also allows for a "free market of competing governments", so to speak; and allows individuals to vote with their feet.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker