Spiller injured?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely right. He was a 1st round pass rusher that had as many sacks for the Bills as I did (at least I think). He was without question the worst decision and pick of the last decade. It isn't even close.

But in the end, it cost the team little in opportunity lost--not a huge negative impact.

The selection of Graham over Wilson will haunt this team for as long as Wilson is playing in the NFL...

Worst pick, not even close.

NO is never going to sign another former Bill again.

Hahahah!! Sucks for CJ. Seems like a good kid. But NO is getting smoked by Bills FAs

Edited by dubs

Imagine where we'd have been with bulaga!

Bulaga and Marshawn Lynch? :thumbsup:

Face it, the Spiller pick was a bad decision for more reasons than just the underwhelming career he has had.

He might not have been a bust.........a huge disappointment for damn sure......but HIS SELECTION and the rationale behind it was an epic bust for the organization.

But in the end, it cost the team little in opportunity lost--not a huge negative impact.

The selection of Graham over Wilson will haunt this team for as long as Wilson is playing in the NFL...

Sure but you can't base it on who you could have picked. You could take any player in any draft and pretty much find a much better player that went after them. It doesn't work that way. Troup went right before Gronk. The Bills drafted Lauvale Sape instead of Tony Romo as well. There are hundreds of examples like this. The Bills could have taken Clay Matthews instead of Maybin as an example.

You have to judge the worst decision on the decision that was made not one that you speculate might have been made. "Did ____ player contribute in a manner similar to players drafted near him or paid similarly to him?" You can always find a star after and just say "you should have picked him so it's a bad decision."

hence my " this could go on forever " thought.

We can extrapolate till the sun dont shine.

Probably a ton of opinions due to such a history of errors. I dont care to be harsh , but the Bills drafted poorly overall for years and years....

The upside is that Whaley and Co. has been a significant improvement over Nix and Nix was an improvement over who ever the hell was before him! Trending up i think surely you can agree?

I am a CJ fan for all the right reasons. i will always wish him well as a player and a person

any one who says he was put in a position to succeed under Marrone should also have his head examined. He was having some great moments under Gailey till no one played Fitz deep any longer.

Its easy to think he will fare much better under Payton.

• 2 weeks later...

Not even close? You sure about that? Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen was selected by the Bills 5 picks before the Patriots selected Tom Brady. Pretty sure that selection had a bigger negative impact on our franchise than passing on a Russell Wilson. It smacks us in the face two fold and has dictated our division since.....and is still dictating.

Even though your right because it's a more direct pick of one over the other, to me it's always going to be missing out on Rodgers.

Edited by GreggyT

@ESPNRadioNOLA: BREAKING NEWS: Sources have told our @ScottyAESPN that #Saints running back CJ Spiller will likely miss the 1st two weeks of the 2015 season

CJ just went from being a possible 4th round fantasy pickup to 6th or 7th.

That's a clown reaction bro.

Yeah he is injury prone, but with a real offensive coordinator, spiller can put up big numbers. He was over drafted, but isn't a bust. Always a good guy, I wish him the best.

agreed. don't throw stones when Shady is one hammy tear away from losing the season too..